Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Transporting / delivering furniture in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Transporting / delivering furniture in Geneva

Hi,

Does anyone could recommend someone with a van who does furniture delivery in the Geneva canton ?

Need to move two sofa from Meyrin to Veyrier sometimes this week (wed-fri) :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

Does anyone could recommend someone with a van who does furniture delivery in the Geneva canton ?

missdaisyAug 13, 2019 @ 18:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 619 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Transporting / delivering furniture in Geneva
Post 1

I am sure someone might be more willing to help if you said please or thank you

I am sure someone might be more willing to help if you said please or thank you

sheila c, Aug 14, 2019 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

from someone not even saying hi or hello, c'est très drole ...

from someone not even saying hi or hello, c'est très drole ...

missdaisy, Aug 14, 2019 @ 18:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Not saying Hi or Hello because YOU don't say please or thank you. It's basic politeness - costs nothing and means a lot.

Not saying Hi or Hello because YOU don't say please or thank you. It's basic politeness - costs nothing and means a lot.

sheila c, Aug 14, 2019 @ 19:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

Aug 13, 19 18:24

If “missdaisy” is, as claimed in her Profile,  a “real genevoise” in a small village since 1970 but cannot find anyone to help her transport a couple of sofas, then let’s give credit to the value of this site and the potential input of its community.

If “missdaisy” is, as claimed in her Profile,  a “real genevoise” in a small village since 1970 but cannot find anyone to help her transport a couple of sofas, then let’s give credit to the value of this site and the potential input of its community.

Ritchie, Aug 14, 2019 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

In case it was not clear in my post, I didn't ask for help, but for a recommendation, which means that I'm not looking for help for free (for this I have long term friends since 1970, but they don't have a van Winknot to mention that during summer holiday most of them are away), but a professional with a van, and will be happy to pay for it.

I cannot believe some people are so mean.

In case it was not clear in my post, I didn't ask for help, but for a recommendation, which means that I'm not looking for help for free (for this I have long term friends since 1970, but they don't have a van Winknot to mention that during summer holiday most of them are away), but a professional with a van, and will be happy to pay for it.

I cannot believe some people are so mean.

missdaisy, Aug 14, 2019 @ 19:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Richie,

Did you had to check missdaisy's profile to realise that Sheila's comment doesn't bring anything positive to this thread ???

I'm a real genevoise too, and know Missdaisy for a long time; she's the kindest person on earth, and I guess that her final :) was to be taken as a "thanks" or anything else nice (XXIe century way, you know ... Cool.)

And for Sheila: if you don't have anything smarter to do, and enjoy playing the web putzfrau, why don't you browse all the other discussions with no " thanks" or thanks-like emoji, and add some other nice comments of yours to make new friends ?

Richie,

Did you had to check missdaisy's profile to realise that Sheila's comment doesn't bring anything positive to this thread ???

I'm a real genevoise too, and know Missdaisy for a long time; she's the kindest person on earth, and I guess that her final :) was to be taken as a "thanks" or anything else nice (XXIe century way, you know ... Cool.)

And for Sheila: if you don't have anything smarter to do, and enjoy playing the web putzfrau, why don't you browse all the other discussions with no " thanks" or thanks-like emoji, and add some other nice comments of yours to make new friends ?

Catherine M, Aug 14, 2019 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Well, your post was rather terse, but thank you for the clarification.

Sorry I’m not able to suggest anyone – but have you already checked the Classifiedsby any chance?

Best, R.

Sorry I’m not able to suggest anyone – but have you already checked the Classifiedsby any chance?

Best, R.

Ritchie, Aug 14, 2019 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Best, R.

Aug 14, 19 20:23

Sorry, more haste, less speed…

There should b a space between “Classifieds” and “by”.

Sorry, more haste, less speed…

There should b a space between “Classifieds” and “by”.

Ritchie, Aug 14, 2019 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Richie,

Aug 14, 19 20:22

Oh dear, I missed your post Catherine so now I need to apologise to you as well, which I hereby do.

While I appreciate your spirited “defence” of your friend I do also have some sympathy for Sheila’s stance because the inclusion of  “please” and “thank you” does much to alleviate the starkness of a written request.  Without these softeners, a question can become exigent and the recipient’s hackles rise.

That said, I was pleased to make the online acquaintance of another real genevoise, since there aren’t so many of you around, especially as even the legal acquisition of Genevan nationality. fails to include that accolade.

Ah well, we can’t help where we are born or raised or even later come to rest, so just let’s make the best of the here and now –  with just a little touch of courtesy to soothe the way.

Best wishes, R.

Oh dear, I missed your post Catherine so now I need to apologise to you as well, which I hereby do.

While I appreciate your spirited “defence” of your friend I do also have some sympathy for Sheila’s stance because the inclusion of  “please” and “thank you” does much to alleviate the starkness of a written request.  Without these softeners, a question can become exigent and the recipient’s hackles rise.

That said, I was pleased to make the online acquaintance of another real genevoise, since there aren’t so many of you around, especially as even the legal acquisition of Genevan nationality. fails to include that accolade.

Ah well, we can’t help where we are born or raised or even later come to rest, so just let’s make the best of the here and now –  with just a little touch of courtesy to soothe the way.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Aug 14, 2019 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 619 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form