Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Travel for US citizens from GVA to EU countries?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Travel for US citizens from GVA to EU countries?

I am a US citizen working for a UN agency with a temporary contract (Carte de legitimation G).  Because of COVID, it seems that several EU countries such as Greece currently only allow US citizens with "permanent residency" in Schengen to travel to their country.  Even if i took a direct flight and didn't have to go through Immigration, there are addtional forms now to fill out (such as health declarations). 

Does anyone know the specific rules in this situation?  Many thanks!

The text you are quoting:

I am a US citizen working for a UN agency with a temporary contract (Carte de legitimation G).  Because of COVID, it seems that several EU countries such as Greece currently only allow US citizens with "permanent residency" in Schengen to travel to their country.  Even if i took a direct flight and didn't have to go through Immigration, there are addtional forms now to fill out (such as health declarations). 

Does anyone know the specific rules in this situation?  Many thanks!

barbarazNov 3, 2020 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 677 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Travel for US citizens from GVA to EU countries?
Post 1

If you are travelling for professional reasons, you should get assistance from the UN agency for which you work.

If not, why are you considering traveling under the current circumstances?

To travel to Greece, you will have to fill a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) in advance of your trip.

"The certificate should be written in English and include name and passport number or national identification number of the traveller."

You will not be able to hide, and you should not try to hide your citizenship and residency status.

However you travel, you will be required to have a QR code, and you will be further screened on arrival.

If you are travelling for professional reasons, you should get assistance from the UN agency for which you work.

If not, why are you considering traveling under the current circumstances?

To travel to Greece, you will have to fill a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) in advance of your trip.

"The certificate should be written in English and include name and passport number or national identification number of the traveller."

You will not be able to hide, and you should not try to hide your citizenship and residency status.

However you travel, you will be required to have a QR code, and you will be further screened on arrival.

JR M, Nov 3, 2020 @ 17:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for your reply. Indeed am not wanting to hide the fact that I a US citizen, only to find out if anyone knows the specific rules for vacation travel for those with temporary UN contracts, and with a valid CDL-type G.  

Thanks for your reply. Indeed am not wanting to hide the fact that I a US citizen, only to find out if anyone knows the specific rules for vacation travel for those with temporary UN contracts, and with a valid CDL-type G.  

barbaraz, Nov 4, 2020 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

https://apnews.com/article/greece-imposes-virus-lockdown-14c94c700513fc16dfdb26137542e6df

Yes, the "specific rules for vacation travel" are: stay at home. We are going to be stuck with this pandemic as long as so many people continue to be so clueless and/or selfish.

https://apnews.com/article/greece-imposes-virus-lockdown-14c94c700513fc16dfdb26137542e6df

Yes, the "specific rules for vacation travel" are: stay at home. We are going to be stuck with this pandemic as long as so many people continue to be so clueless and/or selfish.

JR M, Nov 6, 2020 @ 09:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 677 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form