Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Unresponsive régie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Unresponsive régie

Question:

I informed my régie in late June that I am breaking my lease at the end of July. I gave them several very solid solvent dossiers.

It's now been 15 days and they still haven't chosen anyone. Apparently the dossiers are with the owner and he's the one who has to make the decision.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated since at least 1 of the candidates has already found another place. Am I correct in understanding that the régie has a full 30 days to make a decision, and if all the candidates have already moved on before then, I'm basically screwed?

(Also, 15 days seems like a really long time? Is this normal or a bit unprofessional?)

The text you are quoting:

Question:

I informed my régie in late June that I am breaking my lease at the end of July. I gave them several very solid solvent dossiers.

It's now been 15 days and they still haven't chosen anyone. Apparently the dossiers are with the owner and he's the one who has to make the decision.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated since at least 1 of the candidates has already found another place. Am I correct in understanding that the régie has a full 30 days to make a decision, and if all the candidates have already moved on before then, I'm basically screwed?

(Also, 15 days seems like a really long time? Is this normal or a bit unprofessional?)

Lai SJul 10, 2023 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 402 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Unresponsive régie
Post 1

Hello, you need to provide more details and you contact Asloca for a professional advice (if you do not speak French, than the best is you present your self at their office). 

Hello, you need to provide more details and you contact Asloca for a professional advice (if you do not speak French, than the best is you present your self at their office). 

frankgros, Jul 10, 2023 @ 22:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you provided dossiers of candidates who are as solvent as you and ready to take over the lease with the same conditions, you'll be released from your obligations 30 days after your termination letter. 

If you provided dossiers of candidates who are as solvent as you and ready to take over the lease with the same conditions, you'll be released from your obligations 30 days after your termination letter. 

Alexandre P, Jul 10, 2023 @ 22:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Lai. So long as you present a complete dossier to the régie, you will be released from your lease a month following the submission of same, regardless of whether the owner of the buidking where you live pick your "candidate" as new tenant or not. A complete dossier comprises of:

- Proven sufficient income ( monthly salary = at least 3 x monthly rental sum), via copy of employemnt agreemnt and/or 3 latest payment slips;

- Confirmation that the candidate is willing to take over your lease on your same terms and conditiions;

- Copy of candidate ID and (valid) work permit); and

- a candidate clean "extrait du registre des poursuites" no older than 3 months. 

So long as you have presented such a complete dossier to the régie you are "good to go", you should get confirmation of receipt in writing from them and I also recommend that you immediately schedule a preliminary "état des lieux de sortie" with them, so as to allow you the time to fix any possible issues/make any possibel repairs/etc. prior leaving, to enable you to get your full deposit back when you leave. Good luck !   

Hi Lai. So long as you present a complete dossier to the régie, you will be released from your lease a month following the submission of same, regardless of whether the owner of the buidking where you live pick your "candidate" as new tenant or not. A complete dossier comprises of:

- Proven sufficient income ( monthly salary = at least 3 x monthly rental sum), via copy of employemnt agreemnt and/or 3 latest payment slips;

- Confirmation that the candidate is willing to take over your lease on your same terms and conditiions;

- Copy of candidate ID and (valid) work permit); and

- a candidate clean "extrait du registre des poursuites" no older than 3 months. 

So long as you have presented such a complete dossier to the régie you are "good to go", you should get confirmation of receipt in writing from them and I also recommend that you immediately schedule a preliminary "état des lieux de sortie" with them, so as to allow you the time to fix any possible issues/make any possibel repairs/etc. prior leaving, to enable you to get your full deposit back when you leave. Good luck !   

Eva D, Jul 18, 2023 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for your responses!

I finally got the situation resolved at 22 days (!). This is what happened, for those who may find themselves in a similar situation in the future:

I went to Asloca and had a legal consultation with a lawyer. They told me that the régie only has 10 days to review the candidates and make a decision. The lawyer advised me to call every day to follow up and to send another registered letter to ask for the état des lieux to be scheduled ASAP.

I called and my contact at the régie was not there. So I sent the registered letter. No response for 2 days.

Then I went to their physical office and asked to speak to someone. No one was there so I left a message with the receptionist and told her I was extremely stressed and urgently needed a response. They called me back after that and scheduled the état des lieux so I guess now I'm finally liberated from the lease.

Thanks for your responses!

I finally got the situation resolved at 22 days (!). This is what happened, for those who may find themselves in a similar situation in the future:

I went to Asloca and had a legal consultation with a lawyer. They told me that the régie only has 10 days to review the candidates and make a decision. The lawyer advised me to call every day to follow up and to send another registered letter to ask for the état des lieux to be scheduled ASAP.

I called and my contact at the régie was not there. So I sent the registered letter. No response for 2 days.

Then I went to their physical office and asked to speak to someone. No one was there so I left a message with the receptionist and told her I was extremely stressed and urgently needed a response. They called me back after that and scheduled the état des lieux so I guess now I'm finally liberated from the lease.

Lai S, Jul 18, 2023 @ 19:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 402 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form