Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Violin Maintenance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Violin Maintenance
Hi there,
Okey, we're in the middle of the European Classical Music Culture and somewhere out there I know there has to be some violin maintenance/repair shops for my old Magyar Violin's bridge and keyboard. It's not that it's in a bad condition but it certainly needs a pro to spend a good half an hour on it.
If anyone knows of this type of a maintainance guy or a shop please let me know.

PS: By telling me the right guy, make sure that you'll be doing a great job for me and for my violin but most probably my neighbours and my wife will never talk with you again... :=)
Thanks
Serkan
The text you are quoting:
Hi there,
Okey, we're in the middle of the European Classical Music Culture and somewhere out there I know there has to be some violin maintenance/repair shops for my old Magyar Violin's bridge and keyboard. It's not that it's in a bad condition but it certainly needs a pro to spend a good half an hour on it.
If anyone knows of this type of a maintainance guy or a shop please let me know.

PS: By telling me the right guy, make sure that you'll be doing a great job for me and for my violin but most probably my neighbours and my wife will never talk with you again... :=)
Thanks
Serkan
stratocasterApr 28, 2006 @ 03:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1560 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Violin Maintenance
Post 1
Hi there,

well, I don't really know about violins, but, there is a guitar luthier in Bld Carl Vogt. I don't have the name here, but is close to Rue du Village-Suisse (in front of the cementery).
If he cannot make anything with violins, I'm sure he will know where to do that.
Best,
Gonzalo
Hi there,

well, I don't really know about violins, but, there is a guitar luthier in Bld Carl Vogt. I don't have the name here, but is close to Rue du Village-Suisse (in front of the cementery).
If he cannot make anything with violins, I'm sure he will know where to do that.
Best,
Gonzalo
gonzalotango, Apr 28, 2006 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Sorry, I just mistook Bld Carl Vogt with Bl Saint George. The place is in St. George, the rest is ok (close to Rue du Village Suisse and in front of the cementery).
Cheers,
Gonzalo
Sorry, I just mistook Bld Carl Vogt with Bl Saint George. The place is in St. George, the rest is ok (close to Rue du Village Suisse and in front of the cementery).
Cheers,
Gonzalo
gonzalotango, Apr 29, 2006 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
MUSIC STORE
7, Rue du Leman.
1201 Gen?ve.
Tel. 022 738 61 60

Owner is Cedric, speaks English.

If they can't help you, then most probably they can refer you to someone who does.

Pls don't tell my name to the neighbors and wife...(-:
MUSIC STORE
7, Rue du Leman.
1201 Gen?ve.
Tel. 022 738 61 60

Owner is Cedric, speaks English.

If they can't help you, then most probably they can refer you to someone who does.

Pls don't tell my name to the neighbors and wife...(-:
Nir Ofek, Apr 30, 2006 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Try these guys too. They are not a music store, but are highly into music and may know the right contact.

AMR (Association pour l'Encouragement de la Musique Improvis?e)
10, rue des Alpes
Tel. +41 22 716 56 30
www.amr-geneve.ch
[email protected]

AMR is a non-profit making association designed to encourage the development of styles of music associated with jazz and improvisation. We organise more than 40 weekly musical workshops (that cover very different types of music), 2 music festivals, the international jazz festival and the festival of the Cropettes as well as more than 250 annual concerts that take place at AMR - 10 rue des Alpes.
Try these guys too. They are not a music store, but are highly into music and may know the right contact.

AMR (Association pour l'Encouragement de la Musique Improvis?e)
10, rue des Alpes
Tel. +41 22 716 56 30
www.amr-geneve.ch
[email protected]

AMR is a non-profit making association designed to encourage the development of styles of music associated with jazz and improvisation. We organise more than 40 weekly musical workshops (that cover very different types of music), 2 music festivals, the international jazz festival and the festival of the Cropettes as well as more than 250 annual concerts that take place at AMR - 10 rue des Alpes.
Nir Ofek, Apr 30, 2006 @ 00:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1560 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form