Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Volunteering opportunities in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Volunteering opportunities in Geneva

Hi All!

With a few people from work we would like to dedicate a day to volunteer. I wonder if you;re aware who to contact or look for volunteering activities?

We can commit only to a one full day in September - let me know if you have any ideas! 

Many thanks in advance

The text you are quoting:

Hi All!

With a few people from work we would like to dedicate a day to volunteer. I wonder if you;re aware who to contact or look for volunteering activities?

We can commit only to a one full day in September - let me know if you have any ideas! 

Many thanks in advance

Magdalena ZAug 31, 2022 @ 10:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 945 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Volunteering opportunities in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Magdalena

There are many volunterring opportunities in Geneva, they are quite easy to find If you do a google search.

But I'd suggest that you speak to your colleagues and decide upon an issue that is important to you all and then contact  relevant organisations and ask if they need any volunteers.

I have found that most organisations prefer volunteers that can do a couple of hours on a regular basis rather than the odd day here and there. 

Hope this helps

Cliff

Hi Magdalena

There are many volunterring opportunities in Geneva, they are quite easy to find If you do a google search.

But I'd suggest that you speak to your colleagues and decide upon an issue that is important to you all and then contact  relevant organisations and ask if they need any volunteers.

I have found that most organisations prefer volunteers that can do a couple of hours on a regular basis rather than the odd day here and there. 

Hope this helps

Cliff

cliff h, Sep 1, 2022 @ 09:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hello

our association, www.aidforall.ch, has this year been helping Ukrainian refugees. The ones based locally in the Pays de Gex are short of food and basics and, coming up to Winter, some warmer clothes. I could imagine that we find a place for example a church hall in Ferney voltaire, end September and invite them all to come get food, hygiene supplies, clothing and school supplies for the coming seasons. If you could collect donations in these categories, I could try to find the space. Let me know!

best

Rox

hello

our association, www.aidforall.ch, has this year been helping Ukrainian refugees. The ones based locally in the Pays de Gex are short of food and basics and, coming up to Winter, some warmer clothes. I could imagine that we find a place for example a church hall in Ferney voltaire, end September and invite them all to come get food, hygiene supplies, clothing and school supplies for the coming seasons. If you could collect donations in these categories, I could try to find the space. Let me know!

best

Rox

roxanne, Sep 3, 2022 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If anyone would like to volunteer at an international conference focused on ethics in education 17-19 October, contact me for more info! Christine

If anyone would like to volunteer at an international conference focused on ethics in education 17-19 October, contact me for more info! Christine

christine, Sep 7, 2022 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

I would like to help. What would be my duties?

Unfortunately I don't speak French.

Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day!

Jasmina

Hi,

I would like to help. What would be my duties?

Unfortunately I don't speak French.

Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day!

Jasmina

Jasmina W, Sep 8, 2022 @ 16:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Jasmina,

It is possible to volunteer for

°general event coordination (registration, set up, meeting participants at the airport, etc)

°communications (social media, photography, etc)

°rapporteur (recording the meeting)

English is the working language.

More info here: Call for Volunteers - BNBT 2022 International Conference - Globethics.net

Feel free to write or call +41 79 426 5912

Hi Jasmina,

It is possible to volunteer for

°general event coordination (registration, set up, meeting participants at the airport, etc)

°communications (social media, photography, etc)

°rapporteur (recording the meeting)

English is the working language.

More info here: Call for Volunteers - BNBT 2022 International Conference - Globethics.net

Feel free to write or call +41 79 426 5912

christine, Sep 8, 2022 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi All!

Many thanks in advance

Aug 31, 22 10:54

Cześć Magda,

could you please precise what kind of volunteer opportunities you and your colleagues are looking for? 

- if you want to work with handicapped, I recommend AGIS,

- if you are looking for some simple volunteer opportunities like staying at a stand, Croix-Rouge is good,

- if you wish to distribute food at a stand, there is Partage in Carouge

- if you are a physical therapist, I know some other associations,

- I have a friend who works with blind people, I can check a name with him if that interest you,

- then I am a member of Women Disable Self-Defense organisation, that is looking for a volunteer to promote its activities. 

I have contact details of several organisations above, if you need any please let me know.

Cześć Magda,

could you please precise what kind of volunteer opportunities you and your colleagues are looking for? 

- if you want to work with handicapped, I recommend AGIS,

- if you are looking for some simple volunteer opportunities like staying at a stand, Croix-Rouge is good,

- if you wish to distribute food at a stand, there is Partage in Carouge

- if you are a physical therapist, I know some other associations,

- I have a friend who works with blind people, I can check a name with him if that interest you,

- then I am a member of Women Disable Self-Defense organisation, that is looking for a volunteer to promote its activities. 

I have contact details of several organisations above, if you need any please let me know.

Kris R, Sep 9, 2022 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 945 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form