Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Want to sing, how can I in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Want to sing, how can I in Geneva?
I'm a frustrated singer looking for a choir to join. I have sung a lot in choirs, in school and university. I can read music and play the piano. Does anyone know of any choirs (preferably English-speaking) here in Geneva? Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
I'm a frustrated singer looking for a choir to join. I have sung a lot in choirs, in school and university. I can read music and play the piano. Does anyone know of any choirs (preferably English-speaking) here in Geneva? Thanks!
LuanneFeb 1, 2006 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1189 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Want to sing, how can I in Geneva?
Post 1
I think you have higher chances if you want to join a church choir. Now depending on your beliefs, the best known is the Holy Trinity English Church. I will continue to search...promise!
I think you have higher chances if you want to join a church choir. Now depending on your beliefs, the best known is the Holy Trinity English Church. I will continue to search...promise!
Iolly, Feb 1, 2006 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
and also try Korean_queen (real name sowon), who sings in a church.

Good luck...
and also try Korean_queen (real name sowon), who sings in a church.

Good luck...

Nir Ofek, Feb 1, 2006 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I am not religious and would rather sing in a secular choir. I would start one myself but I don't have a clue about how to direct a choir!
I am not religious and would rather sing in a secular choir. I would start one myself but I don't have a clue about how to direct a choir!
Luanne, Feb 2, 2006 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
The university's choir would be the best choice for you then. You just need to understand a bit of french( and even if you don't you can still manage!). Our conductor is russian and he is very good and well known in Geneva. The choir is open to everyone (It's not only for students). It normally starts in octuber, so I don't think that you could join it right now, but if you need more details let me know...
Cheers
Johann
The university's choir would be the best choice for you then. You just need to understand a bit of french( and even if you don't you can still manage!). Our conductor is russian and he is very good and well known in Geneva. The choir is open to everyone (It's not only for students). It normally starts in octuber, so I don't think that you could join it right now, but if you need more details let me know...
Cheers
Johann
johann, Feb 2, 2006 @ 15:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thanks a lot for the advice. I will look into it. Just want some music back in my life!
Thanks a lot for the advice. I will look into it. Just want some music back in my life!
Luanne, Feb 2, 2006 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I've been singing in a great little choir in Collex-Bossy up until quite recently (just taking a short break after many years). We sing a range of music in various languages to reflect the cultural diversity of the group. The person leading it is French but also speaks English as do a growing no. of the members. Drop me a line and I'll send you contact details.
I've been singing in a great little choir in Collex-Bossy up until quite recently (just taking a short break after many years). We sing a range of music in various languages to reflect the cultural diversity of the group. The person leading it is French but also speaks English as do a growing no. of the members. Drop me a line and I'll send you contact details.
lentil, Feb 3, 2006 @ 01:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1189 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form