Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Watch repair

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Watch repair

Hi, my friend has a Swiss watch (not a big name brand) that keeps losing a few minutes per day for an unknown reason. She tried replacing the battery but it still happens. She lives in Brussels and tried finding a place where they could repair it, to no avail (no one seems to find the problem). She asked me if I could help her, thinking that I might have better luck in Switzerland with the watch experts! I would like to give it a try but I am not sure where to go? There are an unlimited amount of watch stores in Geneva but I'd appreciate a recommendation for a central, cheap price with good and competent service if you have one! Thanks a lot.

The text you are quoting:

Hi, my friend has a Swiss watch (not a big name brand) that keeps losing a few minutes per day for an unknown reason. She tried replacing the battery but it still happens. She lives in Brussels and tried finding a place where they could repair it, to no avail (no one seems to find the problem). She asked me if I could help her, thinking that I might have better luck in Switzerland with the watch experts! I would like to give it a try but I am not sure where to go? There are an unlimited amount of watch stores in Geneva but I'd appreciate a recommendation for a central, cheap price with good and competent service if you have one! Thanks a lot.

justine fApr 8, 2019 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 708 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Watch repair
Post 1

Apr 8, 19 10:34

First of all, competent watch servicing never comes cheap.

Second, where did your friend buy the watch?

And if it was an inexpensive sub-make the cost of a repair may not be worthwhile.

I suggest that you try somewhere like the watch counter at Manor. I’ve found them very helpful in giving a straight answer.

And it’s where I take my pocket “talking” watch for servicing for a very modest charge and no fuss that it’s not a top-of-the-range model.

First of all, competent watch servicing never comes cheap.

Second, where did your friend buy the watch?

And if it was an inexpensive sub-make the cost of a repair may not be worthwhile.

I suggest that you try somewhere like the watch counter at Manor. I’ve found them very helpful in giving a straight answer.

And it’s where I take my pocket “talking” watch for servicing for a very modest charge and no fuss that it’s not a top-of-the-range model.

Ritchie, Apr 8, 2019 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for the tip Ritchie. I had not thought about Manor. I went on Friday and was very satisfied with their service. I *think* they were able to fix the problem for free by cleaning and demagnetizing the motor for free. The watch has been working well since - we shall see how it holds up in the next days.

They said that if the problem remained they could replace the motor which costs between 150-170 chf. It's a Tag Heuer watch so this seems like a very reasonable price for repair.

Thanks for the tip Ritchie. I had not thought about Manor. I went on Friday and was very satisfied with their service. I *think* they were able to fix the problem for free by cleaning and demagnetizing the motor for free. The watch has been working well since - we shall see how it holds up in the next days.

They said that if the problem remained they could replace the motor which costs between 150-170 chf. It's a Tag Heuer watch so this seems like a very reasonable price for repair.

justine f, Apr 15, 2019 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Apr 15, 19 10:13

I’m glad to hear that the watch is now working well.

Long may it continue!

R.

I’m glad to hear that the watch is now working well.

Long may it continue!

R.

Ritchie, Apr 15, 2019 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 708 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form