Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > What are my rights? Regie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
What are my rights? Regie

Dear All,

Hope you are well. 

I have 2 kids. 
I need your advice. I have applied for an apartment and got accepted and received the contract on the 25th of March and both parties signed and also resigned from my current apartment. I was about to move on the 15th of April into my new Apartment but unfortunately, I received a call yesterday from Moservernet that they refuse my application suddenly due to my old pursuit. 

My question here is this normal? I already got accepted and they knew I had pursuit before why did they accept then? I understand if they refused right away but they accepted, sent the contract to be signed, gave them the deposit, paid everything, and scheduled the entry already on the 15th Of April....

Is my case valid? I have my appointment with asloca tomorrow.
What do I do now?
I have two kids and my current apartment is not available anymore.

Thank you

The text you are quoting:

Dear All,

Hope you are well. 

I have 2 kids. 
I need your advice. I have applied for an apartment and got accepted and received the contract on the 25th of March and both parties signed and also resigned from my current apartment. I was about to move on the 15th of April into my new Apartment but unfortunately, I received a call yesterday from Moservernet that they refuse my application suddenly due to my old pursuit. 

My question here is this normal? I already got accepted and they knew I had pursuit before why did they accept then? I understand if they refused right away but they accepted, sent the contract to be signed, gave them the deposit, paid everything, and scheduled the entry already on the 15th Of April....

Is my case valid? I have my appointment with asloca tomorrow.
What do I do now?
I have two kids and my current apartment is not available anymore.

Thank you

Jelle BApr 8, 2021 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 661 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: What are my rights? Regie
Post 1

I have an apartment rented with them. Didn't have any problems with them but I know that they also talk to the concierge to see if everyone is ok or the concierce tells them if someone is too loud or anything. 

I think you already did what one usually needs to do in such cases: contact Asloca. Use their lawyer.

sorry for your situation and for not being able to give you a better answer.

much love.

I have an apartment rented with them. Didn't have any problems with them but I know that they also talk to the concierge to see if everyone is ok or the concierce tells them if someone is too loud or anything. 

I think you already did what one usually needs to do in such cases: contact Asloca. Use their lawyer.

sorry for your situation and for not being able to give you a better answer.

much love.

Castellina, Apr 10, 2021 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You can call the company which raised the old poursuite and ask them to delete it (assuming it is paid). 

You can call the company which raised the old poursuite and ask them to delete it (assuming it is paid). 

Sean C, Apr 11, 2021 @ 08:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can also try contacting AFM to see if they can help in any way. https://www.afm-geneve.ch/

You can also try contacting AFM to see if they can help in any way. https://www.afm-geneve.ch/

Sean C, Apr 11, 2021 @ 08:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 661 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form