Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > What can one bring from Brazil to Switzerland?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
What can one bring from Brazil to Switzerland?
I just realised I haven't lived outside EU before, and I have no idea how everything works here... are there restrictions on what you can bring with you from a holiday (other than about alcohol & cigarettes & dangerous things)? Where could I find this information? I'd like to bring a big drum, but I haven't yet even checked with the airline if it's possible.. anyways was wondering if there might be any problem with the customs or not... Does anyone know?
The text you are quoting:
I just realised I haven't lived outside EU before, and I have no idea how everything works here... are there restrictions on what you can bring with you from a holiday (other than about alcohol & cigarettes & dangerous things)? Where could I find this information? I'd like to bring a big drum, but I haven't yet even checked with the airline if it's possible.. anyways was wondering if there might be any problem with the customs or not... Does anyone know?
silbaJul 4, 2006 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1175 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: What can one bring from Brazil to Switzerland?
Post 1
You cannot bring (due to brazilian restrictions) animals (including insects) nor plants (including fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and seeds) without a special authorization of the Ministry of Agriculture.

(Although many people brings fruits to eat)
You cannot bring (due to brazilian restrictions) animals (including insects) nor plants (including fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and seeds) without a special authorization of the Ministry of Agriculture.

(Although many people brings fruits to eat)
zenbrain, Jul 5, 2006 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Based on the regulations, it is very little that can be brought into Switzerland from any country (no discriminations against Brazil!). There is a poster in the baggage hall with very small amounts of alcohol, tobacco, perfume or goods (ie shopping!) allowed.

My friends who have lived in Switzerland for years returned back from the UK with their christmas presents from their family and were fined and charged tax on all of the presents.... which did not seem fair at all!

tash
Based on the regulations, it is very little that can be brought into Switzerland from any country (no discriminations against Brazil!). There is a poster in the baggage hall with very small amounts of alcohol, tobacco, perfume or goods (ie shopping!) allowed.

My friends who have lived in Switzerland for years returned back from the UK with their christmas presents from their family and were fined and charged tax on all of the presents.... which did not seem fair at all!

tash
tash, Jul 6, 2006 @ 17:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thanks, we'll see
Thanks, we'll see
silba, Jul 13, 2006 @ 02:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1175 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form