Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where can I find an affordable place to fix iphone?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where can I find an affordable place to fix iphone?

Hello,

My iphone 6 is not charging properly, so I am hoping to replace the battery and/or replace the charging port.

So I would appreciate it if you can recommend an affordable place (that is not apple store of course) in Geneva or in Annemasse/Ferney where I can fix it.

Thank you,

Kareem

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

My iphone 6 is not charging properly, so I am hoping to replace the battery and/or replace the charging port.

So I would appreciate it if you can recommend an affordable place (that is not apple store of course) in Geneva or in Annemasse/Ferney where I can fix it.

Thank you,

Kareem

Kareem GOct 13, 2020 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 748 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where can I find an affordable place to fix iphone?
Post 1

Hi Kareem,

first you can try cleaning your charging port on your phone with a wooden toothpick (don't use anything metal as you will damage internal contacts). It solves the issue in 99% of cases.

if it doesn't help, check with these guys: https://www.maclinic.ch/

cheers,

k.

Hi Kareem,

first you can try cleaning your charging port on your phone with a wooden toothpick (don't use anything metal as you will damage internal contacts). It solves the issue in 99% of cases.

if it doesn't help, check with these guys: https://www.maclinic.ch/

cheers,

k.

Kirill_GE, Oct 13, 2020 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Kirill, I'll try that!

Thanks Kirill, I'll try that!

Kareem G, Oct 13, 2020 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Question: have you already change the battery?
I had changed mine 2 years back due to the updates, iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus were running low fast (but you were probably already aware of this?)

There is a guy in Divonne Vlad Alex and someone else in Prevessin who I think works at the cash/sell shop at the round about by Gamm Vert. I believe they do better prices and read lots of good reviews about these two people.

Question: have you already change the battery?
I had changed mine 2 years back due to the updates, iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus were running low fast (but you were probably already aware of this?)

There is a guy in Divonne Vlad Alex and someone else in Prevessin who I think works at the cash/sell shop at the round about by Gamm Vert. I believe they do better prices and read lots of good reviews about these two people.

TreeOf Life, Oct 15, 2020 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi, I haven't changed the battery, but I think I should do that. 

@Kirill was right, the dust in the chargin port kept it from charging normally. But even when the port was cleaned, the battery dies super fast, so I need to replace it. In fact, I was not aware that these updates were a factor, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks as well for the recommends, do you remember the name of the shops by any chance?

Hi, I haven't changed the battery, but I think I should do that. 

@Kirill was right, the dust in the chargin port kept it from charging normally. But even when the port was cleaned, the battery dies super fast, so I need to replace it. In fact, I was not aware that these updates were a factor, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks as well for the recommends, do you remember the name of the shops by any chance?

Kareem G, Oct 17, 2020 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Type Vladalex on facebook, he should come i think. I think he is basedin Divonne.
When you change the battery, ask for an Apple one and not a copy! they are cheaper but I had a problem once I had changed with a non original Apple screen for example. 
The other one is based in Prévessin, I think it is called "cash converter" by the roundabout.
I think a new Apple battery in the shop costs like 60e or CHF?

Type Vladalex on facebook, he should come i think. I think he is basedin Divonne.
When you change the battery, ask for an Apple one and not a copy! they are cheaper but I had a problem once I had changed with a non original Apple screen for example. 
The other one is based in Prévessin, I think it is called "cash converter" by the roundabout.
I think a new Apple battery in the shop costs like 60e or CHF?

TreeOf Life, Oct 17, 2020 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Okay great, will check them out, thank you.

Okay great, will check them out, thank you.

Kareem G, Oct 17, 2020 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 748 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form