Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where to donate household goods?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to donate household goods?
When my husband and I move back to the US, I'll have no interest in selling my household appliances, computer, clothes, etc. Is there a charity where I can donate a variety of things at once?
The text you are quoting:
When my husband and I move back to the US, I'll have no interest in selling my household appliances, computer, clothes, etc. Is there a charity where I can donate a variety of things at once?
3PuttBogeyMar 24, 2006 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 2028 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to donate household goods?
Post 1
that I know of are Emmaus - a charity for the homeless
In Geneva their details are
Emmaus Gen?ve, Route de Drize 5, Rondeau de Carouge, 1227 Carouge
Tel. 022 / 342 39 59 or 022 / 301 57 57
Secondly the Salvation Army (l’armee du salut) – who, like Emmaus, will also come and collect your things
They have this contact no. for the whole of Switzerland - 0848-276-254
that I know of are Emmaus - a charity for the homeless
In Geneva their details are
Emmaus Gen?ve, Route de Drize 5, Rondeau de Carouge, 1227 Carouge
Tel. 022 / 342 39 59 or 022 / 301 57 57
Secondly the Salvation Army (l’armee du salut) – who, like Emmaus, will also come and collect your things
They have this contact no. for the whole of Switzerland - 0848-276-254

lentil, Mar 24, 2006 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
www.betteruse.org
It's an association that was set up a few years ago by a bloke living in Gland. The idea is to recycle goods that we no longer use so everything is free. It's been a while since I last visited but as far as I can remember you can also post requests for items you are looking for.

There's also the Geneva freecycle group, again for those who want to "recycle" that special something rather than throw it.
http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/freecyclegeneve/
www.betteruse.org
It's an association that was set up a few years ago by a bloke living in Gland. The idea is to recycle goods that we no longer use so everything is free. It's been a while since I last visited but as far as I can remember you can also post requests for items you are looking for.

There's also the Geneva freecycle group, again for those who want to "recycle" that special something rather than throw it.
http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/freecyclegeneve/
lentil, Mar 24, 2006 @ 13:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Leisha - post your need on the 'goods' board.
Leisha - post your need on the 'goods' board.
Nir Ofek, Mar 24, 2006 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
It's going to be a while before I start letting go of things, but I'll post on the GoL Marketplace first. If the Marketplace board here doesn't work for you, you can find what you're looking for at Conforama in Meyrin. Also, try asking at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/genevaexpats. I know of a few Americans who are going back to the US this summer who are on that message board. :) Michele
It's going to be a while before I start letting go of things, but I'll post on the GoL Marketplace first. If the Marketplace board here doesn't work for you, you can find what you're looking for at Conforama in Meyrin. Also, try asking at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/genevaexpats. I know of a few Americans who are going back to the US this summer who are on that message board. :) Michele
3PuttBogey, Mar 24, 2006 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I've seen the Emmaus trucks many times - never knew what they were. Merci! Michele
I've seen the Emmaus trucks many times - never knew what they were. Merci! Michele
3PuttBogey, Mar 24, 2006 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I have some good European style furniture, good China crockery etc. what is the best way to sell these things as I plan to leave Geneva and return to the US.

I have some good European style furniture, good China crockery etc. what is the best way to sell these things as I plan to leave Geneva and return to the US.

Anil Chaturvedi, Jan 4, 2024 @ 00:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Jan 4, 24 00:01

I suggest that you insert an ad. in the Classifieds

where you will surely attract a positive response.  That’s also where you can find ads by members who are looking to buy quality items at a fair price.

All the best,

R.

I suggest that you insert an ad. in the Classifieds

where you will surely attract a positive response.  That’s also where you can find ads by members who are looking to buy quality items at a fair price.

All the best,

R.

Ritchie, Jan 4, 2024 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 2028 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form