Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where to print a document during lockdown??

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to print a document during lockdown??

Migros print shop is only servicing professional clients, and my local Migros (Blvd Carl Vogt in Jonction has a coin-op copier but you can't print on it. 

Anybody know where I could print a 60 page pdf off of a USB stick???

The text you are quoting:

Migros print shop is only servicing professional clients, and my local Migros (Blvd Carl Vogt in Jonction has a coin-op copier but you can't print on it. 

Anybody know where I could print a 60 page pdf off of a USB stick???

Rowan PMar 25, 2020 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1464 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to print a document during lockdown??
Post 1

Hi Rowan,

I dont know if the small supermarkets can offer printing services.

or maybe post office?

they are open till 5 pm.

Hi Rowan,

I dont know if the small supermarkets can offer printing services.

or maybe post office?

they are open till 5 pm.

Fleur A, Mar 26, 2020 @ 19:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Cybercafé 3000 at rue du Pont d'arve

Cybercafé 3000 at rue du Pont d'arve

juliana, Mar 27, 2020 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can buy a printer for less than 50 CHF at your local Migros as well as other supermarkets which are currently open.  One would think that with a UN salary you can afford one. Don't be cheap. Is it really worth going through this trouble at a time like this?

If I shound harsh, it is because here you are, going out at a time like this to different places looking for where to print 60 pages, potentially picking up covid-19 from the surface of a public coin-op printer, or the buttons at the parking lot cash machine, or public transport if that is what you use, bringing it to your family, and helping spread the virus.

You can buy a printer for less than 50 CHF at your local Migros as well as other supermarkets which are currently open.  One would think that with a UN salary you can afford one. Don't be cheap. Is it really worth going through this trouble at a time like this?

If I shound harsh, it is because here you are, going out at a time like this to different places looking for where to print 60 pages, potentially picking up covid-19 from the surface of a public coin-op printer, or the buttons at the parking lot cash machine, or public transport if that is what you use, bringing it to your family, and helping spread the virus.

JR M, Mar 27, 2020 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Mar 27, 20 13:05

Point taken on minimizing risks, but the whole reason I asked on this forum is to avoid running around to different places looking for a printer. I need to go to the supermarket anyway (I walk), and migros print shop is online, so those are the two places I've looked. Maybe there's another supermarket with a printer, or an online service that can mail the doc. I don't think I'm increasing any risks by asking.

And you're right, I can afford to buy a printer, but I don't normally have a need for one. It's not a matter of being cheap, it's about looking for alternatives before buying stuff that's just going to end up as a bunch of plastic and e-waste one day. 

I know this is a stressful time, but there's no need for personal insults in response to honest questions. It's not like I asked where to go party; I simply asked where I might find a service that I need. 

Point taken on minimizing risks, but the whole reason I asked on this forum is to avoid running around to different places looking for a printer. I need to go to the supermarket anyway (I walk), and migros print shop is online, so those are the two places I've looked. Maybe there's another supermarket with a printer, or an online service that can mail the doc. I don't think I'm increasing any risks by asking.

And you're right, I can afford to buy a printer, but I don't normally have a need for one. It's not a matter of being cheap, it's about looking for alternatives before buying stuff that's just going to end up as a bunch of plastic and e-waste one day. 

I know this is a stressful time, but there's no need for personal insults in response to honest questions. It's not like I asked where to go party; I simply asked where I might find a service that I need. 

Rowan P, Mar 27, 2020 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Re-read my post

Re-read my post

JR M, Mar 27, 2020 @ 17:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Mar 27, 20 17:20

On come on, be a devil, break into your piggy bank and treat yourself to an online 50-franc printer.

It could come in useful before this emergency ends. And even if it never does, you can offer it for sale on the glocals Classifieds where it will probably get snapped up by someone on a tight budget.

And even if that doesn’t happen, you can always give it to one of the mainstream charities in Geneva who will be delighted to have such a donation.

However, if you do decide to buy, don’t forget to order a couple of packs of paper.

Best, R.

On come on, be a devil, break into your piggy bank and treat yourself to an online 50-franc printer.

It could come in useful before this emergency ends. And even if it never does, you can offer it for sale on the glocals Classifieds where it will probably get snapped up by someone on a tight budget.

And even if that doesn’t happen, you can always give it to one of the mainstream charities in Geneva who will be delighted to have such a donation.

However, if you do decide to buy, don’t forget to order a couple of packs of paper.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Mar 27, 2020 @ 19:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks for such a question.

I am in the same situation, just need to print 1-2 pages somewhere (and for that I don't need to buy a printer).

So grateful that you started this thread and I totally agree with your reasons behind.

Cheers and hopefully this well end soon!

I am in the same situation, just need to print 1-2 pages somewhere (and for that I don't need to buy a printer).

So grateful that you started this thread and I totally agree with your reasons behind.

klaba, Apr 6, 2020 @ 10:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Apr 6, 20 10:54

Well, maybe you could put up a notice near the letter boxes in your building asking if a neighbour could help you out.

Well, maybe you could put up a notice near the letter boxes in your building asking if a neighbour could help you out.

Ritchie, Apr 6, 2020 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Mar 27, 20 17:20

Hi Rowan, 

Were you able to find a place to print? I similarly have to print (only 1 page) and don't feel the need to contribute to e-waste. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rowan, 

Were you able to find a place to print? I similarly have to print (only 1 page) and don't feel the need to contribute to e-waste. 

Thanks in advance!

meg.billings, Nov 17, 2020 @ 12:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I would try to contact his printshop: https://www.imprimerie-trajets.ch/

I would try to contact his printshop: https://www.imprimerie-trajets.ch/

David L, Nov 17, 2020 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

One tip which saved me dozen of printed pages was to learn how to sign docs in Word and PDF electronically. It's surprisingly easy and fully accepted around.

So if you are in that category, you can google search on signing PDF docs.

One tip which saved me dozen of printed pages was to learn how to sign docs in Word and PDF electronically. It's surprisingly easy and fully accepted around.

So if you are in that category, you can google search on signing PDF docs.

klaba, Nov 17, 2020 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

All the printing places (imprimerie) are open and running. You can try Helio Rapide at Avenue Rosemont 3, 1208 Genève.

All the printing places (imprimerie) are open and running. You can try Helio Rapide at Avenue Rosemont 3, 1208 Genève.

Wojtek W, Nov 17, 2020 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1464 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form