Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Which permit?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Which permit?

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me with some advice on permits?

I'm a B permit holder, and my boyfriend (who is an EU citizen) would like to come and live with me here, having Geneva as his base. He is a classical musician and works freelance, so he wouldn't be full time working in Switzerland.

I don't think he can be given a B permit via me, as we're not married? If we were married he could get a B permit sans lucrative I think?

So could he apply for an L permit? And I guarantee his finances? And he would need to get health coverage here of course.

Appreciate any advice

The text you are quoting:

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me with some advice on permits?

I'm a B permit holder, and my boyfriend (who is an EU citizen) would like to come and live with me here, having Geneva as his base. He is a classical musician and works freelance, so he wouldn't be full time working in Switzerland.

I don't think he can be given a B permit via me, as we're not married? If we were married he could get a B permit sans lucrative I think?

So could he apply for an L permit? And I guarantee his finances? And he would need to get health coverage here of course.

Appreciate any advice

Claire JOct 9, 2018 @ 11:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 850 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Which permit?
Post 1

As an EU citizen he has the right to a B permit as long as he can show that he is financially stable. My advice is to draft a letter to the OCP requesting the B Permit as his right (fill in the forms). Give this to a good lawyer to send to OCP on your behalf. You will receive your permit within one week (best case). If you need a good lawyer, PM me.

As an EU citizen he has the right to a B permit as long as he can show that he is financially stable. My advice is to draft a letter to the OCP requesting the B Permit as his right (fill in the forms). Give this to a good lawyer to send to OCP on your behalf. You will receive your permit within one week (best case). If you need a good lawyer, PM me.

David L, Oct 9, 2018 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi David - apologies for late response, but I wanted to say thank you!

Hi David - apologies for late response, but I wanted to say thank you!

Claire J, Oct 22, 2018 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

He can easily get permit B as he is EU citizen. But my advice don't apply until get a job because he will be liable to pay assurance maladie every month.

He can easily get permit B as he is EU citizen. But my advice don't apply until get a job because he will be liable to pay assurance maladie every month.

Sam D, Oct 22, 2018 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 850 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form