Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Yoga
Any suggestions as to yoga studios/classes in Geneva (Pref rive gauche)? Innercity yoga seemed quite expensive..Any yogis around?
The text you are quoting:
Any suggestions as to yoga studios/classes in Geneva (Pref rive gauche)? Innercity yoga seemed quite expensive..Any yogis around?
flowerMar 1, 2006 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1814 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Yoga
Post 1
I'm in the same situation.
I haven't made any inroads yet cause when I moved from Spain the places I was recommended for Iyengar Yoga were not in Geneva.
Let me know what you find out, if I run into anything I'll let you know too.
I'm in the same situation.
I haven't made any inroads yet cause when I moved from Spain the places I was recommended for Iyengar Yoga were not in Geneva.
Let me know what you find out, if I run into anything I'll let you know too.
Demian, Mar 1, 2006 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I have not tried her classes but I know she is a yoga instructor and can probably provide the information you need.

O
I have not tried her classes but I know she is a yoga instructor and can probably provide the information you need.

O
SiteAdmin Oded, Mar 1, 2006 @ 15:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
rue des Minoteries 1, phone 022 328 03 28. They also have a website: www.sivananda.org/geneva

Hope this helps!
rue des Minoteries 1, phone 022 328 03 28. They also have a website: www.sivananda.org/geneva

Hope this helps!
Iolly, Mar 1, 2006 @ 18:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
The main staff are friendly and both English speakers. Another plus is that they have a FREE trial class on Monday evenings at 20.00 so you can see if you like their style of teaching. Ring beforehand to register though as it can get busy.
The main staff are friendly and both English speakers. Another plus is that they have a FREE trial class on Monday evenings at 20.00 so you can see if you like their style of teaching. Ring beforehand to register though as it can get busy.
lentil, Mar 2, 2006 @ 00:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

another good place is soluna...in the paquis and champel, they also teach martial arts...

http://www.soluna-ge.ch

another good place is soluna...in the paquis and champel, they also teach martial arts...

http://www.soluna-ge.ch
floydmarks, Mar 2, 2006 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Can't promise, but we're now in discussions with a few major Yoga schools in Geneva, for them to offer a free intro class for GoL members, and then classes at a special GoL rate for members only. Will let you know if/when this happens. Until then, can't add more advice than the others already did.

Can't promise, but we're now in discussions with a few major Yoga schools in Geneva, for them to offer a free intro class for GoL members, and then classes at a special GoL rate for members only. Will let you know if/when this happens. Until then, can't add more advice than the others already did.

Nir Ofek, Mar 2, 2006 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Thanks, Nir! Without a job, it's been hard for me to justify the cost -- I've been surprised by the prices here (much more expensive than California). Would love to go more often!
Thanks, Nir! Without a job, it's been hard for me to justify the cost -- I've been surprised by the prices here (much more expensive than California). Would love to go more often!
tiffany, Mar 3, 2006 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
We will try the free trial class the sinavanda yoga place in Plainpalais. Want to join us? If not, we will give our take on it later.
F.
We will try the free trial class the sinavanda yoga place in Plainpalais. Want to join us? If not, we will give our take on it later.
F.
flower, Mar 5, 2006 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
if you want some other GOLers to go with you ... but then again maybe not if you want more space ...
Also just checked and you don’t actually need to register beforehand. I’d recommend arriving a good 10-15 mins in advance though to be sure of your spot.
I'll be interested to see your thoughts on it afterwards. Om
if you want some other GOLers to go with you ... but then again maybe not if you want more space ...
Also just checked and you don’t actually need to register beforehand. I’d recommend arriving a good 10-15 mins in advance though to be sure of your spot.
I'll be interested to see your thoughts on it afterwards. Om

lentil, Mar 5, 2006 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
And if anyone is looking for a yoga studio where to train ashtanga yoga, there's one at Rue Vollandes:

http://www.yoga-asana.com/index.php

All teachers speak English too and are really nice.
And if anyone is looking for a yoga studio where to train ashtanga yoga, there's one at Rue Vollandes:

http://www.yoga-asana.com/index.php

All teachers speak English too and are really nice.
silba, May 9, 2006 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
yeah, hinternation and fellow yogis,

we have put up an ashtanga basics class, where primary series is introduced, a short version as with most places proposing ashtanga yoga.

additionnally, we have the poweryoga classes and the yogabdo class, where you'll find a fusion of the 3 series of ashtanga, an intense and fun way to build your core and prepare for any challenging postures.

i am looking forward to welcome all those GOLers at the our special GOL events.

namaste, poweryogi
yeah, hinternation and fellow yogis,

we have put up an ashtanga basics class, where primary series is introduced, a short version as with most places proposing ashtanga yoga.

additionnally, we have the poweryoga classes and the yogabdo class, where you'll find a fusion of the 3 series of ashtanga, an intense and fun way to build your core and prepare for any challenging postures.

i am looking forward to welcome all those GOLers at the our special GOL events.

namaste, poweryogi
poweryogi, May 10, 2006 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1814 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form