Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > a good coiffeur?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
a good coiffeur?
i really need my hair done, it´s way to long. problem is, with my french i would probably end up looking like sinead o´connor in her "nothing compares" video. so i am looking for a good coiffeur who speaks english or german, preferable in plain palais or carouge.

i am grateful for every tip. thanks a lot.

cheers

ulli

The text you are quoting:
i really need my hair done, it´s way to long. problem is, with my french i would probably end up looking like sinead o´connor in her "nothing compares" video. so i am looking for a good coiffeur who speaks english or german, preferable in plain palais or carouge.

i am grateful for every tip. thanks a lot.

cheers

ulli

Mister_SarkSep 21, 2005 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 3686 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: a good coiffeur?
Post 1
I go to Frank Provost in Plainpalais (Boulevard des Philosophes). Although I do try (operative word being TRY) and speak French they are always happy to meet me halfway with good English. I would recommend them - funky cloaks and nice head massage too !
I go to Frank Provost in Plainpalais (Boulevard des Philosophes). Although I do try (operative word being TRY) and speak French they are always happy to meet me halfway with good English. I would recommend them - funky cloaks and nice head massage too !
Nottm_Lass, Sep 22, 2005 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I've had decent results with a place in Paquis. It's adjacent to the Coop store at Rue de Paquis and Rue de Mole. A men's cut and shampoo costs about 27 CHF--which is a bon marche for Geneva. There's a Moroccan guy there who speaks English well. (He has an Irish wife.)
I've had decent results with a place in Paquis. It's adjacent to the Coop store at Rue de Paquis and Rue de Mole. A men's cut and shampoo costs about 27 CHF--which is a bon marche for Geneva. There's a Moroccan guy there who speaks English well. (He has an Irish wife.)
greatLakes, Sep 22, 2005 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi,
I live in Carouge, and can highly recommend Natalie at Franck Provost 022-342-4430 54 rue Ancienne - right across from Tram 12/13 Ancienne stop. She's good for two reasons: 1-she has long hair herself {always a plus for me} and 2-she speaks enough English to know what I want without me crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best. She's the 4th hairstylist I've tried in 18 months, and so far, the best for color, cut, and style. She just successfully cut my husband's hair tonight, and he's more finicky that I am.
Michele - Rue Jacques Dalphin, Carouge
Hi,
I live in Carouge, and can highly recommend Natalie at Franck Provost 022-342-4430 54 rue Ancienne - right across from Tram 12/13 Ancienne stop. She's good for two reasons: 1-she has long hair herself {always a plus for me} and 2-she speaks enough English to know what I want without me crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best. She's the 4th hairstylist I've tried in 18 months, and so far, the best for color, cut, and style. She just successfully cut my husband's hair tonight, and he's more finicky that I am.
Michele - Rue Jacques Dalphin, Carouge
3PuttBogey, Nov 10, 2005 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 3686 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form