Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > arrivel GVA

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
arrivel GVA
Hello people,

I was planning to land at GVA airport the 21st january. But I don't have a room for the first days. Someone knows a cheap place to stay? And what's the best way of knowing GVA? Just walking? Or find a budy who's showing some stuff? Some advice for new citizens of GVA?:)

Greetz to you all
The text you are quoting:
Hello people,

I was planning to land at GVA airport the 21st january. But I don't have a room for the first days. Someone knows a cheap place to stay? And what's the best way of knowing GVA? Just walking? Or find a budy who's showing some stuff? Some advice for new citizens of GVA?:)

Greetz to you all
BrechtJan 11, 2006 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1433 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: arrivel GVA
Post 1
If you're a friend of Sherri's, you're a friend of mine...so: worse case scenario, you're welcome to crash at my place, as I will be out of town that weekend. Free of charge, no strings attached. I mean it.

Re seeign Geneva: foot is best indeed. Take JerseyBoy's kind offer to help you: when you see Geneva with someone who knows it a bit, it makes a huge difference.
If you're a friend of Sherri's, you're a friend of mine...so: worse case scenario, you're welcome to crash at my place, as I will be out of town that weekend. Free of charge, no strings attached. I mean it.

Re seeign Geneva: foot is best indeed. Take JerseyBoy's kind offer to help you: when you see Geneva with someone who knows it a bit, it makes a huge difference.
Nir Ofek, Jan 12, 2006 @ 01:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
If you are looking for something cheaper than a hotel, I recommend (as mentioned before) City Hostel (the other hostel has a lockout during the day)
City Hostel has dorms w/ 3 beds or singles (w/o bathroom).
It's convenient (few minute walk from train station) and clean.

http://www.cityhostel.ch/English/index.html
If you are looking for something cheaper than a hotel, I recommend (as mentioned before) City Hostel (the other hostel has a lockout during the day)
City Hostel has dorms w/ 3 beds or singles (w/o bathroom).
It's convenient (few minute walk from train station) and clean.

http://www.cityhostel.ch/English/index.html
Nisa, Jan 12, 2006 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
One more thing I wish I had known when I first arrived.
If you are under 25 you can get a month bus pass for 45francs. Much better than paying 7francs a day for a 9hour pass as I started off doing.. (or getting a caught and having to pay 100 francs)
Of course, it depends how much you plan on taking the bus. But generally even if you are not a daily rider it can still be to your advantage.

You can buy the bus pass at the TPG office in the train station.

http://www.tpg.ch/
One more thing I wish I had known when I first arrived.
If you are under 25 you can get a month bus pass for 45francs. Much better than paying 7francs a day for a 9hour pass as I started off doing.. (or getting a caught and having to pay 100 francs)
Of course, it depends how much you plan on taking the bus. But generally even if you are not a daily rider it can still be to your advantage.

You can buy the bus pass at the TPG office in the train station.

http://www.tpg.ch/
Nisa, Jan 12, 2006 @ 12:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
u r arriving on the verbier wknd (!) and a whole bunch of us r not here
: P

Otherwise, wud have volunteered to take u in for the 1st few days : )
Or...y dont u just come over to Verbier with us?

u r arriving on the verbier wknd (!) and a whole bunch of us r not here
: P

Otherwise, wud have volunteered to take u in for the 1st few days : )
Or...y dont u just come over to Verbier with us?

Tigger, Jan 12, 2006 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
thx to all for support!

My current situation (in my opinion it's strange, but in my school they're saying it's normal!!??):
I'm finishing with my exams at thursday. I will arrive at saturday. Monday I will start working. But I don't know where to stay (they promised me something, but I don't know what) I don't know where to work and I have to follow some courses at a school. For erasmus or something.
The first week it's hurry and I must find my way. And especially then I will count on GOL for let me know GVA :D:D:D

But I will let you know...

Greetz,

Brecht
thx to all for support!

My current situation (in my opinion it's strange, but in my school they're saying it's normal!!??):
I'm finishing with my exams at thursday. I will arrive at saturday. Monday I will start working. But I don't know where to stay (they promised me something, but I don't know what) I don't know where to work and I have to follow some courses at a school. For erasmus or something.
The first week it's hurry and I must find my way. And especially then I will count on GOL for let me know GVA :D:D:D

But I will let you know...

Greetz,

Brecht
Brecht, Jan 13, 2006 @ 01:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
getting a half-fare subscription (Abonnement demi-tarif) from the train station. It costs 150C chf for a year and means u can travel on all the trains, postal buses and, most importantly, all the buses and trams in Geneva. If you just do a few train trips across Switzerland during the year and then travel around Geneva, you'll easily recup your initial outlay.
getting a half-fare subscription (Abonnement demi-tarif) from the train station. It costs 150C chf for a year and means u can travel on all the trains, postal buses and, most importantly, all the buses and trams in Geneva. If you just do a few train trips across Switzerland during the year and then travel around Geneva, you'll easily recup your initial outlay.
lentil, Jan 13, 2006 @ 16:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1433 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form