Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > clubs et al.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
clubs et al.
instead of spending hours on the net trying to find this out, i know there are lots of party animals out there, so maybe you can help. if i wanted to go dancing on a Tuesday night in August, in GVA, where would i go?

thanks for your help
:)
The text you are quoting:
instead of spending hours on the net trying to find this out, i know there are lots of party animals out there, so maybe you can help. if i wanted to go dancing on a Tuesday night in August, in GVA, where would i go?

thanks for your help
:)
MindaAug 3, 2006 @ 20:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1133 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: clubs et al.
Post 1
that is a difficoult one. Party Animal here usually starts the weekend on Wedsneday.
When exactly in August? if it's during the Fete de Geneve I suggest Village tropical, Jardin Anglais or the O'Bar. Dunno if at Java they have something on Tuesday nights ....
Check out the Krazy website for anyspecial evening that might be aruond, the till late one, and the business clubbing one.

Not sure it helps, sorry. More of a winter/indoor party animal.

Vale
that is a difficoult one. Party Animal here usually starts the weekend on Wedsneday.
When exactly in August? if it's during the Fete de Geneve I suggest Village tropical, Jardin Anglais or the O'Bar. Dunno if at Java they have something on Tuesday nights ....
Check out the Krazy website for anyspecial evening that might be aruond, the till late one, and the business clubbing one.

Not sure it helps, sorry. More of a winter/indoor party animal.

Vale
Hoiling, Aug 3, 2006 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
sadly, Geneva is great for many things, but NOT for dancing in the middle of the week...(-:

Maybe something will come up, but as far as I know the city is dead on Tuesday.

best advice I can give you is to throw your own party and invite GoL'ers to join...(-:

sadly, Geneva is great for many things, but NOT for dancing in the middle of the week...(-:

Maybe something will come up, but as far as I know the city is dead on Tuesday.

best advice I can give you is to throw your own party and invite GoL'ers to join...(-:

Nir Ofek, Aug 3, 2006 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Minda, try this ...

http://ch.tilllate.com/EN/index.php

There's a calendar which will list all the nightspot events for a chosen date or just browse the nightspots by regions.
Minda, try this ...

http://ch.tilllate.com/EN/index.php

There's a calendar which will list all the nightspot events for a chosen date or just browse the nightspots by regions.
Novecento, Aug 4, 2006 @ 00:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
... Geneva doesn't really know the concept of after-work parties. A few bars on Rue du Rh?ne tried but hardly with Zurich's Kaufleute success.

Things here really kick in from 1am. Platinum and White&Silver seem to be the liveliest of trendy places. An old classic of Geneva, Old Town's "Petit-Palace" is packed almost every nite, but then it is very small and really for a kinda adventurous audience ;)

Some bars & pubs manage to create a warm atmosphere leading sometimes to a more crazy outcome later, like people dancing on tables & bar. One of those is the Cotton Pub (Rive, right across from Griffin's). There might be other similar bars... addresses anyone?

Have Fun!
... Geneva doesn't really know the concept of after-work parties. A few bars on Rue du Rh?ne tried but hardly with Zurich's Kaufleute success.

Things here really kick in from 1am. Platinum and White&Silver seem to be the liveliest of trendy places. An old classic of Geneva, Old Town's "Petit-Palace" is packed almost every nite, but then it is very small and really for a kinda adventurous audience ;)

Some bars & pubs manage to create a warm atmosphere leading sometimes to a more crazy outcome later, like people dancing on tables & bar. One of those is the Cotton Pub (Rive, right across from Griffin's). There might be other similar bars... addresses anyone?

Have Fun!
swisskiss, Aug 4, 2006 @ 12:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
...and go to Lausanne. You will certainly have more options there on tuesday nights.
...and go to Lausanne. You will certainly have more options there on tuesday nights.
zenbrain, Aug 4, 2006 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
unfortunately yes, it has to be a Tuesday. it's all very crazy and confusing... don't ask. ;)

for those of you who've mentioned places (Cotton/Silver/...), i could only find street addresses for them on the net, but i'm assuming that if you mentioned them, there'd be music to be heard? and maybe dancing to be done?? thanks for any more info you've got!
unfortunately yes, it has to be a Tuesday. it's all very crazy and confusing... don't ask. ;)

for those of you who've mentioned places (Cotton/Silver/...), i could only find street addresses for them on the net, but i'm assuming that if you mentioned them, there'd be music to be heard? and maybe dancing to be done?? thanks for any more info you've got!
Minda, Aug 5, 2006 @ 15:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1133 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form