Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > e-scooters / trottinettes

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
e-scooters / trottinettes

Do you know of any stores in town where one can go try the e-scooters? Or rent one for a day.. 

I want to buy one but there's loads to choose from ..  They all have very similar spec - exampe 25 km/h  -- range 20km - 300w etc etc..  Even narrowing down to "road legal only" there are still loads.

The text you are quoting:

Do you know of any stores in town where one can go try the e-scooters? Or rent one for a day.. 

I want to buy one but there's loads to choose from ..  They all have very similar spec - exampe 25 km/h  -- range 20km - 300w etc etc..  Even narrowing down to "road legal only" there are still loads.

John HMay 22, 2019 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 225 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: e-scooters / trottinettes
Post 1

Hi John 

I’ve owned a few, bought my first one in 2015 in San Francisco and brought it over here. My advice is the following, don’t buy anything under 500 watt 48V/10A, I made this mistake, the second one I bought met this criteria and it could get me up and down all the hills at a fair pace. Make sure it has min of 10” inflated tires in the front and back absorb the shocks from rough terrain. Solid tires with shock absorbers don’t work. Also make sure it’s got disk brakes front and back. Meet this and you should be good. I know Manor sold the I-Max s1+ at one stage, its a great scooter and very robust.

Hi John 

I’ve owned a few, bought my first one in 2015 in San Francisco and brought it over here. My advice is the following, don’t buy anything under 500 watt 48V/10A, I made this mistake, the second one I bought met this criteria and it could get me up and down all the hills at a fair pace. Make sure it has min of 10” inflated tires in the front and back absorb the shocks from rough terrain. Solid tires with shock absorbers don’t work. Also make sure it’s got disk brakes front and back. Meet this and you should be good. I know Manor sold the I-Max s1+ at one stage, its a great scooter and very robust.

Brett W, May 31, 2019 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: e-scooters / trottinettes
Post 2

I ended up going to Tec & Way near near Jonction .. Very helpful store. I bought an eTwow .. 

It does not have air tyres but manages just fine. I use it daily now, great thing. Takes from Cornivan uphill to Chenbourgerie easily

I ended up going to Tec & Way near near Jonction .. Very helpful store. I bought an eTwow .. 

It does not have air tyres but manages just fine. I use it daily now, great thing. Takes from Cornivan uphill to Chenbourgerie easily

John H, Today @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 225 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form