Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > extending 90 days sejour

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
extending 90 days sejour

Hello,

On the 22nd of November 2018, my wife and I (both permit B) brought over my mother-in-law to stay with us for a few weeks (undeterminded length) in order to help us with our newborn baby.

Now, I know the maximum length of stay for an EU national is 90 days (within a span of 180 days).  Calculating the 90 days from November 22nd, this will mean she will need to leave Switzerland somewhere before c.20th of Feb 2019 --- do you know if there is any possibility of asking the Geneva Canton for a short extension, so that she can leave the country on the 5th of March 2019 instead?

Hoping there is some process which is simpler and more straightforward than asking for a temporary residency which involves a lot of hassle.

If any of you have done this before, any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

On the 22nd of November 2018, my wife and I (both permit B) brought over my mother-in-law to stay with us for a few weeks (undeterminded length) in order to help us with our newborn baby.

Now, I know the maximum length of stay for an EU national is 90 days (within a span of 180 days).  Calculating the 90 days from November 22nd, this will mean she will need to leave Switzerland somewhere before c.20th of Feb 2019 --- do you know if there is any possibility of asking the Geneva Canton for a short extension, so that she can leave the country on the 5th of March 2019 instead?

Hoping there is some process which is simpler and more straightforward than asking for a temporary residency which involves a lot of hassle.

If any of you have done this before, any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan CJan 11, 2019 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 233 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: extending 90 days sejour
Post 1

Hi Dan

You should go to OCP where you can ask if the visa can be extended. If everything goes smothly, provided all the required documents, or even your mother-in-law in person, you will get the visa immediately. I have gone through this process a few years ago, hopefully it is still the same process today.

Good luck!

The text you are quoting:

Hi Dan

You should go to OCP where you can ask if the visa can be extended. If everything goes smothly, provided all the required documents, or even your mother-in-law in person, you will get the visa immediately. I have gone through this process a few years ago, hopefully it is still the same process today.

Good luck!

Jessica G, Jan 13, 2019 @ 21:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 233 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form