Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > free self-defense course interest for women, handicapped, LGTB

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
free self-defense course interest for women, handicapped, LGTB

I am a trainer of Systema, Krav Maga and Polish self-defense and used to organize 5 years ago in Geneva self-defense seminars dedicated to women as well as mixed self-defense trainings.

Currently, I as a main trainer of Women &Handicapped Self-Defense Association  and my colleagues from organization are considering  organizing free self-defense courses dedicated to:

- women

- handicapped 

- LGTB

Who would be interested in participation? What would be your demands and availability? How would you see the training?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

If you prefer, you can send me a private message.

The text you are quoting:

I am a trainer of Systema, Krav Maga and Polish self-defense and used to organize 5 years ago in Geneva self-defense seminars dedicated to women as well as mixed self-defense trainings.

Currently, I as a main trainer of Women &Handicapped Self-Defense Association  and my colleagues from organization are considering  organizing free self-defense courses dedicated to:

- women

- handicapped 

- LGTB

Who would be interested in participation? What would be your demands and availability? How would you see the training?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

If you prefer, you can send me a private message.

Kris RAug 1, 2021 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

20 Replies | 1979 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: free self-defense course interest for women, handicapped, LGTB
Post 1

I don't fall into any of your categories. But if you do widen your audience (to include hetrosexual men), I'd be interested.

I don't fall into any of your categories. But if you do widen your audience (to include hetrosexual men), I'd be interested.

tawb, Aug 6, 2021 @ 08:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I am considering a mixed course, if there will be no interest for a target-group training. Thanks for feedback!

I am considering a mixed course, if there will be no interest for a target-group training. Thanks for feedback!

Kris R, Aug 6, 2021 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

this is a great initiative! I would like to participate and learn self defense for women. For me the focus would be learning the technique so that I would be able to use it in an emergency situation and having at the same time control over my body and my emotions.

Concerning the availability it would be great to have lessons on the evening and/or weekend.

Thank you for replying to me via private message.

Hello,

this is a great initiative! I would like to participate and learn self defense for women. For me the focus would be learning the technique so that I would be able to use it in an emergency situation and having at the same time control over my body and my emotions.

Concerning the availability it would be great to have lessons on the evening and/or weekend.

Conny H, Aug 7, 2021 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello,

Aug 7, 21 16:06

Thanks for feedback, We are actually considering organizing the trainings on Thursday evening 7.30-8.30 pm. Based on our experience it's hard to find many persons interested for weekends, but if there would be more interest presented here, why not?

Based on my experience from previous self-defense coruses, techniques come quite easy to learn for students, but repetition and management of emotions in aggressive situation is a huge facteur.  Therefore, our trainings will be used concept of Russian special forces system called "Systema" to manage emotions. 

If you wish, please have look on:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8AAte-YTBD69Hyh0jsr4lA

to learn more about Systema and what I think about that.

I've sent you a pm if you have any other private questions you wish to discuss.

Thanks for feedback, We are actually considering organizing the trainings on Thursday evening 7.30-8.30 pm. Based on our experience it's hard to find many persons interested for weekends, but if there would be more interest presented here, why not?

Based on my experience from previous self-defense coruses, techniques come quite easy to learn for students, but repetition and management of emotions in aggressive situation is a huge facteur.  Therefore, our trainings will be used concept of Russian special forces system called "Systema" to manage emotions. 

If you wish, please have look on:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8AAte-YTBD69Hyh0jsr4lA

to learn more about Systema and what I think about that.

I've sent you a pm if you have any other private questions you wish to discuss.

Kris R, Aug 7, 2021 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi :) Where is the training taking place? Im interested but it has to be convenient to reach by bus because i dont drive. Thanks!

Hi :) Where is the training taking place? Im interested but it has to be convenient to reach by bus because i dont drive. Thanks!

Maria_, Aug 9, 2021 @ 08:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Aug 9, 21 08:52

Hi Maria,

I'll share the details soon, it will be close from Augustin, so very convenient with tram to reach.

Hi Maria,

I'll share the details soon, it will be close from Augustin, so very convenient with tram to reach.

Kris R, Aug 9, 2021 @ 18:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Kris,

You might also consider children, in particular, young female starting from 8 years old accompanied with one or both parents.

Thanks

Monica

Hi Kris,

You might also consider children, in particular, young female starting from 8 years old accompanied with one or both parents.

Thanks

Monica

Monica Rqwe, Aug 9, 2021 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Kris,

Thanks

Monica

Aug 9, 21 20:52

that's a fair point Monica, however 8 years old personally I find to young as part of the training will be covering discussion with all participants about case studies that could reveal sometimes brutality (rape, violence, etc). I believe girls should be at least 18 years old to participate in this kind of open discussions. 

There is however no problem for a private training though. 

that's a fair point Monica, however 8 years old personally I find to young as part of the training will be covering discussion with all participants about case studies that could reveal sometimes brutality (rape, violence, etc). I believe girls should be at least 18 years old to participate in this kind of open discussions. 

There is however no problem for a private training though. 

Kris R, Aug 9, 2021 @ 21:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello,

after a Covid break I am coming back with a question how many persons would be seriously interested in participating in self-defense classes:

- free

- requirements - fill in a form and send have a necessary sports and self-defense equipment

-outside (with access to a toilet)

- every Thursday at 5.30-6.30 pm 

- in Acacias,

- in French by default but if needed with a translation to English, basic Russian or Polish.

- only women and disabled persons (if there will be at least 10 men interested, I consider organizing a seperate session),

- provided by a self-defense instructuer in Krav Maga and Systema. 

I am planning to do a trial from 06.04 for around 1 month to see how it goes for non-members of WDSD organization. 

You can send me a PM if you want to stay anonymous.

Thanks.

Hello,

after a Covid break I am coming back with a question how many persons would be seriously interested in participating in self-defense classes:

- free

- requirements - fill in a form and send have a necessary sports and self-defense equipment

-outside (with access to a toilet)

- every Thursday at 5.30-6.30 pm 

- in Acacias,

- in French by default but if needed with a translation to English, basic Russian or Polish.

- only women and disabled persons (if there will be at least 10 men interested, I consider organizing a seperate session),

- provided by a self-defense instructuer in Krav Maga and Systema. 

I am planning to do a trial from 06.04 for around 1 month to see how it goes for non-members of WDSD organization. 

You can send me a PM if you want to stay anonymous.

Thanks.

Kris R, Mar 16, 2023 @ 03:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Kris!

This is an aboslutely amazing opportunity, thanks so much for offering and organizing!

I've read through the entire thread and got confused only to realize that you origionally offered the course in 2021 at 7:30PM and now you're planning to start at 5:30PM.

I'm very interested in joining, however 5:30PM might be complicated with traffic and all.  Also, I am available to start on the 6th, but not sure I could be there for 5:30PM. I have a friend who would be interested, but she never finishes work before 5:30PM and she's near Coppet.

Would it be possible to start later, please? Maybe not as late at 7:30PM, but 6:30PM would be more feasible. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Please do send me the form and the list of necessary sports and self-defense equipment, so I can start planning. Merci d'avance!

Again, thanks for making this possible!!!

Have a great day!!!

Cheryl

Hello Kris!

This is an aboslutely amazing opportunity, thanks so much for offering and organizing!

I've read through the entire thread and got confused only to realize that you origionally offered the course in 2021 at 7:30PM and now you're planning to start at 5:30PM.

I'm very interested in joining, however 5:30PM might be complicated with traffic and all.  Also, I am available to start on the 6th, but not sure I could be there for 5:30PM. I have a friend who would be interested, but she never finishes work before 5:30PM and she's near Coppet.

Would it be possible to start later, please? Maybe not as late at 7:30PM, but 6:30PM would be more feasible. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Please do send me the form and the list of necessary sports and self-defense equipment, so I can start planning. Merci d'avance!

Have a great day!!!

Cheryl

CHERYLM, Mar 17, 2023 @ 05:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Cheryl,

thanks for feedback.

I will stick to 5.30pm for the moment. If that could work out for you, please let me know.

have a nice day

Hi Cheryl,

thanks for feedback.

I will stick to 5.30pm for the moment. If that could work out for you, please let me know.

have a nice day

Kris R, Mar 21, 2023 @ 08:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hello Kris! 

Thats sounds really interesting. I am interested in the trial course. The proposed time works for me so far.

I am still learning French but it is good to know that the English translation is possible.

Best, Anna

Hello Kris! 

Thats sounds really interesting. I am interested in the trial course. The proposed time works for me so far.

I am still learning French but it is good to know that the English translation is possible.

Best, Anna

Anna S, Mar 21, 2023 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hello Kris! 

Best, Anna

Mar 21, 23 11:10

Hi Anna,

perfect, please send me your email address via pm so that I could add you to a communication group.

regards

Hi Anna,

perfect, please send me your email address via pm so that I could add you to a communication group.

regards

Kris R, Mar 26, 2023 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hello Kris!

Have a great day!!!

Cheryl

Mar 17, 23 05:54

Hi Cheryl,

following discussion with other participants I decided to organise self-defense trainings on Saturdays. I am setting up time currently and it will take place in that case in Plainpalais.

Are you and your friends still interested?

Hi Cheryl,

following discussion with other participants I decided to organise self-defense trainings on Saturdays. I am setting up time currently and it will take place in that case in Plainpalais.

Are you and your friends still interested?

Kris R, Apr 9, 2023 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hellooooi don't know why I'm just seeing this now, but...

I am still very interested! 

Please write to me here: [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Cheryl

Hellooooi don't know why I'm just seeing this now, but...

I am still very interested! 

Please write to me here: [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Cheryl

CHERYLM, Apr 16, 2023 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I'd be interested- i'd prefer earlier in the week0 mondays-tuesdays etc

katy d, Apr 17, 2023 @ 09:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

hello I would be interested too :-)!

hello I would be interested too :-)!

sarah -, Apr 19, 2023 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Apr 17, 23 09:27

Hi Katy,

Thanks for feedback, I am seeting up a day convenient for all of participants. If you wish to be added to a communication loop, please send me via pm your email.

Hi Katy,

Thanks for feedback, I am seeting up a day convenient for all of participants. If you wish to be added to a communication loop, please send me via pm your email.

Kris R, Apr 27, 2023 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hello,

since it is hard to organize a group of 8 people I decided to create for a moment a private unique self-defense introduction: 

https://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/114334.htm

Please note it will costs 25 frs, which is a fair price because each particiapant will receive an equipment as a gift at the end. This will be one of the things needed once when my organisation will start to do weekly trainings as discussed previously (once when 8 persons will be subscribed).

Hello,

since it is hard to organize a group of 8 people I decided to create for a moment a private unique self-defense introduction: 

https://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/114334.htm

Please note it will costs 25 frs, which is a fair price because each particiapant will receive an equipment as a gift at the end. This will be one of the things needed once when my organisation will start to do weekly trainings as discussed previously (once when 8 persons will be subscribed).

Kris R, May 26, 2023 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi Kris,
Happy to see that your still active in Geneva. Remember that my garden is still welcoming people :)

Hi Kris,
Happy to see that your still active in Geneva. Remember that my garden is still welcoming people :)

Catherine M, Jun 4, 2023 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
20 Replies | 1979 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form