Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > health insurance cancellation - CSS

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
health insurance cancellation - CSS

Hi,

I signed a contract wiht CSS Assurance and got a letter that they were increasing prices, even if I thought when signing for 3 years means I would pay the same amount for these 3 years. I would like to cancel it but can t find the form on the website and the deadline is November 30th.

Has anyone an experience with cancelling, it is ok to send an email only or should it be a letter?

Thanks in advance

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I signed a contract wiht CSS Assurance and got a letter that they were increasing prices, even if I thought when signing for 3 years means I would pay the same amount for these 3 years. I would like to cancel it but can t find the form on the website and the deadline is November 30th.

Has anyone an experience with cancelling, it is ok to send an email only or should it be a letter?

Thanks in advance

Zuzana SNov 27, 2011 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 3178 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: health insurance cancellation - CSS
Post 1

Hi,

Im in the middle of getting my application approved by CSS, I hope this is not happen to me too :(

But anyhow, if you like to cancel, why dont you go to their office in the city and make it done there,it is located just besides Globus, you will their logo on the building. I've been there before and last time they welcome me even without appointment. I know it will be difficult if you are working far away from there, but I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Hi,

Im in the middle of getting my application approved by CSS, I hope this is not happen to me too :(

But anyhow, if you like to cancel, why dont you go to their office in the city and make it done there,it is located just besides Globus, you will their logo on the building. I've been there before and last time they welcome me even without appointment. I know it will be difficult if you are working far away from there, but I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Dinda L, Nov 27, 2011 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you Laila,

they have not very compactible opening hours, but you are right, it is the most simple way, I ll try it.

Thanks

Thank you Laila,

they have not very compactible opening hours, but you are right, it is the most simple way, I ll try it.

Thanks

Zuzana S, Nov 27, 2011 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can find a letter here :

http://www.bonus.ch/Assurance-maladie/Documents/Assurances-complementaires-lettre-resiliation.aspx

"Lettre de résiliation éditable "Word" "

In my opinion you cannot cancel your additional coverage because the 2012 price is not higher. The price seems be higher but it is not really. What happened is this : because of the 3 years duration contract you got a small discount the first year. And this discount doesn't exist anymore in 2012. Then if the price is increasing because you lost a discount the rates stay officialy the same.

If you send me a scan of your 2011 and 2012 insurance policies I could check if you can or not cancel. > bestinsurance (at) romandie.com).

If you want cancel you lose nothing to try. On the letter for cancelate it's important to writte this : "Résiliation pour cause d'augmentation des primes".

Regards

A. B.

You can find a letter here :

http://www.bonus.ch/Assurance-maladie/Documents/Assurances-complementaires-lettre-resiliation.aspx

"Lettre de résiliation éditable "Word" "

In my opinion you cannot cancel your additional coverage because the 2012 price is not higher. The price seems be higher but it is not really. What happened is this : because of the 3 years duration contract you got a small discount the first year. And this discount doesn't exist anymore in 2012. Then if the price is increasing because you lost a discount the rates stay officialy the same.

If you send me a scan of your 2011 and 2012 insurance policies I could check if you can or not cancel. > bestinsurance (at) romandie.com).

If you want cancel you lose nothing to try. On the letter for cancelate it's important to writte this : "Résiliation pour cause d'augmentation des primes".

Regards

A. B.

Alexandre B, Nov 27, 2011 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Until now I paid 325 CHF, now I should pay 347.70 CHF and got a bonus 0.20 CHF. So I prefer to cancel it.

Thanks for the letter.

Until now I paid 325 CHF, now I should pay 347.70 CHF and got a bonus 0.20 CHF. So I prefer to cancel it.

Thanks for the letter.

Zuzana S, Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

There are two parts :

1) the standard obligatory insurance (Lamal)

2) the supplementary coverage (complémentaires LCA)

> You can cancel the standard obligatory insurance up to the 30th of November. (The insurer must have received your cancelattion up to the 30th !)

> If you have contracted your additional coverage for a 3 years duration you cannot cancel. You can cancel only if the rates are increasing.

Maybe you have a pretty low deductable ("franchise" in french) of CHF 300 or CHF 500. If yes, the price of CHF 347.70 is one of the cheapest. Only Assura would provide cheaper price. But you would only save around CHF 20 per month.

There are two parts :

1) the standard obligatory insurance (Lamal)

2) the supplementary coverage (complémentaires LCA)

> You can cancel the standard obligatory insurance up to the 30th of November. (The insurer must have received your cancelattion up to the 30th !)

> If you have contracted your additional coverage for a 3 years duration you cannot cancel. You can cancel only if the rates are increasing.

Maybe you have a pretty low deductable ("franchise" in french) of CHF 300 or CHF 500. If yes, the price of CHF 347.70 is one of the cheapest. Only Assura would provide cheaper price. But you would only save around CHF 20 per month.

Alexandre B, Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Link I showed you is only for the supplementary coverage. The letter for the sandard obligatory coverage is elsewhere on the webiste.

Link I showed you is only for the supplementary coverage. The letter for the sandard obligatory coverage is elsewhere on the webiste.

Alexandre B, Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

yes I saw it was for the additional one. I will go to the agency, it will be easier.

I have a 300 CHF franchise but would like to move to France and cancell the swiss policy.

Thanks for all advices, it helped me a lot, I am not used to the swiss health system.

yes I saw it was for the additional one. I will go to the agency, it will be easier.

I have a 300 CHF franchise but would like to move to France and cancell the swiss policy.

Thanks for all advices, it helped me a lot, I am not used to the swiss health system.

Zuzana S, Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Yes, go to the agency (with the letter for cancelate !) ;)

If you want stop your swiss basic obligatory insurance for ever there is only one way : you must provide an official attest of the Service de la population saying you are leaving Switzerland.

Yes, go to the agency (with the letter for cancelate !) ;)

If you want stop your swiss basic obligatory insurance for ever there is only one way : you must provide an official attest of the Service de la population saying you are leaving Switzerland.

Alexandre B, Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

thank you I did not know that. Why is everything so complicated hereSmile ?

I think the best option is to go there, describe my situation and see what they will reply. I just want to move to France but will continue to work in CH.

thank you I did not know that. Why is everything so complicated hereSmile ?

I think the best option is to go there, describe my situation and see what they will reply. I just want to move to France but will continue to work in CH.

Zuzana S, Nov 27, 2011 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Then you would be a "frontalier" with a special working permit.

You will have two choices : 1) to stay with a swiss insurance (wich will be muuuch expensive of your current insurance) 2) To contract for a french insurance for frontalier (wich will can be just a bit more expensive than a swiss insurance ).

Maybe for now - until you get all the documents for leaving Switzerland - it would be interesting to increase your franchise.

Then you would be a "frontalier" with a special working permit.

You will have two choices : 1) to stay with a swiss insurance (wich will be muuuch expensive of your current insurance) 2) To contract for a french insurance for frontalier (wich will can be just a bit more expensive than a swiss insurance ).

Maybe for now - until you get all the documents for leaving Switzerland - it would be interesting to increase your franchise.

Alexandre B, Nov 27, 2011 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Ok, a few quick tips as end of november is soon:

- it's probably too late for you but good to know for other next years: I would advice you to go to the agency, give your letter (they should sign you something to confirm they received it). The other possibility, sending it by "recommandé", should have be done before the 22nd of november. The reason? I heard (maybe it's an urban legend but not worth taking the risk) that sometimes some insurance companies dont go to he post pick up these letters at the end of the month. As the law says they must have received it by november 30th, if it's still at the post office, it's not considered as received (it's why it's november 22nd, because they have 7 days to pick it up).

- i just checked on CSS website and 347 chf is with the highest cost participation if you're over 25 years old in geneva, 2500chf, which is usually a good decision if you don't often go to the doctor AND can afford to pay these 2500 chf in case you've something serious. However you can get lower premium if you chose one of their alternative models, like accepting to see one of their affiliated doctor 1st, etc.

best regards,

Rémy

Ok, a few quick tips as end of november is soon:

- it's probably too late for you but good to know for other next years: I would advice you to go to the agency, give your letter (they should sign you something to confirm they received it). The other possibility, sending it by "recommandé", should have be done before the 22nd of november. The reason? I heard (maybe it's an urban legend but not worth taking the risk) that sometimes some insurance companies dont go to he post pick up these letters at the end of the month. As the law says they must have received it by november 30th, if it's still at the post office, it's not considered as received (it's why it's november 22nd, because they have 7 days to pick it up).

- i just checked on CSS website and 347 chf is with the highest cost participation if you're over 25 years old in geneva, 2500chf, which is usually a good decision if you don't often go to the doctor AND can afford to pay these 2500 chf in case you've something serious. However you can get lower premium if you chose one of their alternative models, like accepting to see one of their affiliated doctor 1st, etc.

best regards,

Rémy

RemyS, Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

You are right Remy.

But she said she has a CHF 300 franchise. Then she has aready an alternative model (family doctor model Réseau delta) because she pays CHF 347.

You are right Remy.

But she said she has a CHF 300 franchise. Then she has aready an alternative model (family doctor model Réseau delta) because she pays CHF 347.

Alexandre B, Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I would like to thank to you all for all these useful tips and advices, I went to the agency this morning with the letter, they put a today´s date on it and that´s itSmile

I would like to thank to you all for all these useful tips and advices, I went to the agency this morning with the letter, they put a today´s date on it and that´s itSmile

Zuzana S, Nov 29, 2011 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Zuzana. It's easy to cancel the basic obligatory insurance. But if you don't apply for a new insurance the cancelation of your current insurance will not work.

Zuzana. It's easy to cancel the basic obligatory insurance. But if you don't apply for a new insurance the cancelation of your current insurance will not work.

Alexandre B, Nov 29, 2011 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 3178 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form