Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > massage gua sha

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
massage gua sha

I have heard much about the benefits of the oriental massage Gua Sha, it's becoming popular all over the world. Does anybody know anobody who offers it in Geneva?

The text you are quoting:

I have heard much about the benefits of the oriental massage Gua Sha, it's becoming popular all over the world. Does anybody know anobody who offers it in Geneva?

RinaJan 14, 2015 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1228 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: massage gua sha
Post 1

I do, and have a few slots available this week.

I do, and have a few slots available this week.

TreeOf Life, Sep 6, 2018 @ 23:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Gua Sha, which is used a lot in Traditional Chinese Medicine and related therapies is usually applied to a specific problematic area of your body and consist of, effectively, rubbing your skin with a hardish object that can be made from different materials (wood, plastic, etc.). This creates a movement of blood and Qi (energy) in the affected area, so it becomes more invigorated. Unlike cupping, however, it does not leave strong marks on your body, just a redder skin, which settles back to normal shortly. After Gua Sha the area feels warmer and you can feel a slight electric-like buzz.

Gua Sha, which is used a lot in Traditional Chinese Medicine and related therapies is usually applied to a specific problematic area of your body and consist of, effectively, rubbing your skin with a hardish object that can be made from different materials (wood, plastic, etc.). This creates a movement of blood and Qi (energy) in the affected area, so it becomes more invigorated. Unlike cupping, however, it does not leave strong marks on your body, just a redder skin, which settles back to normal shortly. After Gua Sha the area feels warmer and you can feel a slight electric-like buzz.

Slava Sviridovs, Sep 7, 2018 @ 13:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

PS Just make sure that the tool your therapist uses is clean (desinfected), as we were asked to discontinue Gua Sha in a TCM ward in a British state hospital in London due to the cross-infection risks.

PS Just make sure that the tool your therapist uses is clean (desinfected), as we were asked to discontinue Gua Sha in a TCM ward in a British state hospital in London due to the cross-infection risks.

Slava Sviridovs, Sep 7, 2018 @ 13:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1228 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form