Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > need a lawyer to help make a v simple contract

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
need a lawyer to help make a v simple contract

Hi all, does anyone know a lawyer that could help me quickly make a very simple contract and not completely rip me off in the process? It is for a loan between a friend and me but I would prefer to have something in writing / legally binding just in case. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks, joe

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, does anyone know a lawyer that could help me quickly make a very simple contract and not completely rip me off in the process? It is for a loan between a friend and me but I would prefer to have something in writing / legally binding just in case. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks, joe

Joe EMay 6, 2019 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 482 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: need a lawyer to help make a v simple contract
Post 1

Any decent lawyer would charge you a few hundred CHFs an hour, and I don't know if that would fall info your defition of getting ripped off. 

You can go to the "permanence juridique" where volunteer lawyers give "1st advice" for almost free (I think it's CHF 60 per 30 minutes, or something like that). But even there, the lawyer will most likely tell you that she/he needs more time to draft a contract for you, and that you'll need to pay them full price for the rest of their time. 

Any decent lawyer would charge you a few hundred CHFs an hour, and I don't know if that would fall info your defition of getting ripped off. 

You can go to the "permanence juridique" where volunteer lawyers give "1st advice" for almost free (I think it's CHF 60 per 30 minutes, or something like that). But even there, the lawyer will most likely tell you that she/he needs more time to draft a contract for you, and that you'll need to pay them full price for the rest of their time. 

Nir Ofek, May 6, 2019 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Many thanks Nir, this sounds like a good starting point. It will just be such a simple contract that I want (hope for) someone that will not claim it took them more than 1h to put together, that is what I would be defining as a rip off!

Many thanks Nir, this sounds like a good starting point. It will just be such a simple contract that I want (hope for) someone that will not claim it took them more than 1h to put together, that is what I would be defining as a rip off!

Joe E, May 6, 2019 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

May 6, 19 17:04

If you estimate, say, 30 minutes to discuss what is required, then 60 minutes for word processing and presentation for signature in x number of copies, what, in your opinion, would be a suitable fee given all the legal implications involved in the wording of the agreement plus their interpretation in the context of the local legislation?  Would you want your signatures to be witnessed?

Also are both parties permanently resident in the same canton in  Switzerland?  Are they employed?  Etc., etc. In fact, what may seem to be a “simple” contract may not be so straightforward as you might imagine.

The Centre social protestant used to have a legal advice service but they charged at least a minimum  fee based broadly on the applicant’s annual income.  Perhaps they would be able to help.

Best wishes, R.

If you estimate, say, 30 minutes to discuss what is required, then 60 minutes for word processing and presentation for signature in x number of copies, what, in your opinion, would be a suitable fee given all the legal implications involved in the wording of the agreement plus their interpretation in the context of the local legislation?  Would you want your signatures to be witnessed?

Also are both parties permanently resident in the same canton in  Switzerland?  Are they employed?  Etc., etc. In fact, what may seem to be a “simple” contract may not be so straightforward as you might imagine.

The Centre social protestant used to have a legal advice service but they charged at least a minimum  fee based broadly on the applicant’s annual income.  Perhaps they would be able to help.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, May 6, 2019 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 482 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form