Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > need a place for a band to play

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
need a place for a band to play
All right, one of my favorite local bands from back home is in Germany right now. They played in Switzerland last year at this time at the Sheep Farm in Merlischachen. They're doing Holland and Germany this trip and are looking to come back in the Spring around April. They've won awards, they've opened for Dolly (if you have to ask who that is, it's really probably not your kind of music) and they would love to play in Geneva.
Lovely Katya, they're known to play a song or two appropriate for West Coast Swing, you just need a partner!
SO, a smallish venue that would welcome a y'allternative band would be ideal. They're a great bunch of guys, I've been following them for years. A big, hearty Geneva welcome to... Last Train Home (http://www.lasttrainhome.com)
Any ideas? Where would a band play in this town?
Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
All right, one of my favorite local bands from back home is in Germany right now. They played in Switzerland last year at this time at the Sheep Farm in Merlischachen. They're doing Holland and Germany this trip and are looking to come back in the Spring around April. They've won awards, they've opened for Dolly (if you have to ask who that is, it's really probably not your kind of music) and they would love to play in Geneva.
Lovely Katya, they're known to play a song or two appropriate for West Coast Swing, you just need a partner!
SO, a smallish venue that would welcome a y'allternative band would be ideal. They're a great bunch of guys, I've been following them for years. A big, hearty Geneva welcome to... Last Train Home (http://www.lasttrainhome.com)
Any ideas? Where would a band play in this town?
Thanks!
misskateOct 17, 2005 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1352 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: need a place for a band to play
Post 1
do they only need a place, and they will do all the promotion themselves? If they just need 4 walls I can find them a place.

If they need a place and someone else that will promise the people come in, it's a different story. Then your best bet is to work with one of the english bars in town, who have live bands and can fill a place.

A good start might be the downstairs at Pickwicks. They have live shows there often. Drop me a mail if interested and I will send you their contacts details.

do they only need a place, and they will do all the promotion themselves? If they just need 4 walls I can find them a place.

If they need a place and someone else that will promise the people come in, it's a different story. Then your best bet is to work with one of the english bars in town, who have live bands and can fill a place.

A good start might be the downstairs at Pickwicks. They have live shows there often. Drop me a mail if interested and I will send you their contacts details.

Nir Ofek, Oct 17, 2005 @ 23:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
The alternative area in Geneva, Artamis. Its an abandoned Industrial site with bars and clubs squatted by locals. All types of music are heard there, from the best to the worst, which has to make it one of the most interesting areas in Geneva. Its near l'Usine along the river. Ask the pub l'etage, nice people who at worse will advise you.
The alternative area in Geneva, Artamis. Its an abandoned Industrial site with bars and clubs squatted by locals. All types of music are heard there, from the best to the worst, which has to make it one of the most interesting areas in Geneva. Its near l'Usine along the river. Ask the pub l'etage, nice people who at worse will advise you.
munkypint, Oct 18, 2005 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Pickwick's had crossed my mind as I know that they have had bands there before AND they have had Western nights. Thing is this band is a little difficult to categorize; they're not cowboy country. They're more Jayhawks, but not. It's tough, they're just so good, but play a huge variety. Their latest album covers both Dylan and Paul Kelly which while not mutually exclusive there is a continental divide there. They've all been playing so long that they can pretty much play anything you ask. Within reason.
I'll let them know about Pickwicks and the place near Usine.
Thanks for giving me a jumpstart on this. I would love to be able to see them play here! I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll reckon with the neighbors and have them play chez moi.
Pickwick's had crossed my mind as I know that they have had bands there before AND they have had Western nights. Thing is this band is a little difficult to categorize; they're not cowboy country. They're more Jayhawks, but not. It's tough, they're just so good, but play a huge variety. Their latest album covers both Dylan and Paul Kelly which while not mutually exclusive there is a continental divide there. They've all been playing so long that they can pretty much play anything you ask. Within reason.
I'll let them know about Pickwicks and the place near Usine.
Thanks for giving me a jumpstart on this. I would love to be able to see them play here! I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll reckon with the neighbors and have them play chez moi.
misskate, Oct 18, 2005 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1352 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form