Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > no heat/no hot water

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
no heat/no hot water
The regie swears that it will be fixed by the end of today, but it has been at least since Tuesday. This is actually just the latest episode in the saga of hot water in my apartment building stretching back probably to before I moved in.
A friend of mine in Vaud got a rent reduction when her regie failed to notify properly the tenants regarding some building repairs. Is that just her being lucky, or it there a precedent for that in Geneva as well? Please don't send me to ASLOCA, my French doesn't stand up to their website. I'm just wondering if anyone has prior experience with getting something back from the regie.
It's a little frustrating because every January my rent has been increased to match the cost of living index. I'm the only person I know that this happens to and I don't even get consistent hot water for it!
Thanks for any and all help!
The text you are quoting:
The regie swears that it will be fixed by the end of today, but it has been at least since Tuesday. This is actually just the latest episode in the saga of hot water in my apartment building stretching back probably to before I moved in.
A friend of mine in Vaud got a rent reduction when her regie failed to notify properly the tenants regarding some building repairs. Is that just her being lucky, or it there a precedent for that in Geneva as well? Please don't send me to ASLOCA, my French doesn't stand up to their website. I'm just wondering if anyone has prior experience with getting something back from the regie.
It's a little frustrating because every January my rent has been increased to match the cost of living index. I'm the only person I know that this happens to and I don't even get consistent hot water for it!
Thanks for any and all help!
misskateFeb 9, 2006 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1372 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: no heat/no hot water
Post 1
The tenants need to get together, and write to the regie, including threats of escalating to the courts if somethign is not done.

In a similar situation in my apt each tenant got money back.

Good luck.

Nir
The tenants need to get together, and write to the regie, including threats of escalating to the courts if somethign is not done.

In a similar situation in my apt each tenant got money back.

Good luck.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Feb 9, 2006 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: no heat/no hot water
Post 2
speaks French well. Don't try to fight the monsters that are the regies alone. Really. Asloca is there for that, I already used their services and they really know their stuff.
speaks French well. Don't try to fight the monsters that are the regies alone. Really. Asloca is there for that, I already used their services and they really know their stuff.
Iolly, Feb 10, 2006 @ 22:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1372 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form