Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > public transport plans

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
public transport plans

where can I look for public transport subscriptions to move around the city? is there one that would also allow me to use the G line?

I am trying to make my daily transport plans. Maybe there are interesting options for under 25? 

thank you!

The text you are quoting:

where can I look for public transport subscriptions to move around the city? is there one that would also allow me to use the G line?

I am trying to make my daily transport plans. Maybe there are interesting options for under 25? 

thank you!

Maelle VanrellOct 29, 2018 @ 16:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 803 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: public transport plans
Post 1

The name of the public transport system in Geneva is Transports publics genevois, so check the website for itineraries and much other information.

There are TPG information centres at the airport, the main railway station (which is called “Cornavin”) at Rive in down-town Geneva and various other places.  Tickets can also bre bought at bus and tram stops (and some newsagents and kiosks) but make sure you have a valid ticket before boarding a vehicle.

There are also daily, monthly, and longer term passes for which you will need to provide photos.

If you are arriving in Geneva bv air you will find a TPG outlet in the baggage reclaim area where you can obtain a ticket which entitles you to free transportation anywhere in Geneva for an hour – so make sure to collect your luggage first!    

Also to know is that, sadly, there is quite a lot of petty theft in Geneva, so  hold on tight to your possessions when using public transport.

Hope this helps – and best wishes for your stay,

Ritchie

The name of the public transport system in Geneva is Transports publics genevois, so check the website for itineraries and much other information.

There are TPG information centres at the airport, the main railway station (which is called “Cornavin”) at Rive in down-town Geneva and various other places.  Tickets can also bre bought at bus and tram stops (and some newsagents and kiosks) but make sure you have a valid ticket before boarding a vehicle.

There are also daily, monthly, and longer term passes for which you will need to provide photos.

If you are arriving in Geneva bv air you will find a TPG outlet in the baggage reclaim area where you can obtain a ticket which entitles you to free transportation anywhere in Geneva for an hour – so make sure to collect your luggage first!    

Also to know is that, sadly, there is quite a lot of petty theft in Geneva, so  hold on tight to your possessions when using public transport.

Hope this helps – and best wishes for your stay,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Oct 29, 2018 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You can find information on the TPG website mentioned by the always helpful Ritchie regarding weekly, monthly and annual passes, which allow you to use the public transportation network at will.

http://www.tpg.ch/web/site-international/fares-2015

Scroll down to see the price of the passes. The G line crosses into France at its very end, as you can see in the map at the top of that page. I am not sure if there is any problem with the pass if you travel all the way to the Veigy.

You can find information on the TPG website mentioned by the always helpful Ritchie regarding weekly, monthly and annual passes, which allow you to use the public transportation network at will.

http://www.tpg.ch/web/site-international/fares-2015

Scroll down to see the price of the passes. The G line crosses into France at its very end, as you can see in the map at the top of that page. I am not sure if there is any problem with the pass if you travel all the way to the Veigy.

JR M, Oct 30, 2018 @ 09:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There is glies7 card option. Under 25 people can travel free after 19:00 

There is glies7 card option. Under 25 people can travel free after 19:00 

Sam D, Oct 30, 2018 @ 20:47