Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > question about chomage

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
question about chomage

Good evening, 

I arrived in Geneva at the end of January this year to work on a project for an internaitonal organizaiton. My contract is ending on the last day of 2018. I therefore worked something like 11 months + some days. 

I have an L permit and I am Italian. 

I obviously started looking for jobs weeks ago, unsuccessfully. 

It is a negative surprise... Before to arrive here, last year I only applied to a job successfully, so I started thinking that with its strong economy, Switzerland would give me more chances later on, but I am finding it very frustrating as I only receive rejections. 

I even started applying for unskilled jobs, anything, hopefully not to be unemployed until I find another decent job.

But, apologies for my frustrated essay, my question is: would I be entitle to any kind of chomage in my situation? 

I am open to suggestions, 

thanks, 

G

The text you are quoting:

Good evening, 

I arrived in Geneva at the end of January this year to work on a project for an internaitonal organizaiton. My contract is ending on the last day of 2018. I therefore worked something like 11 months + some days. 

I have an L permit and I am Italian. 

I obviously started looking for jobs weeks ago, unsuccessfully. 

It is a negative surprise... Before to arrive here, last year I only applied to a job successfully, so I started thinking that with its strong economy, Switzerland would give me more chances later on, but I am finding it very frustrating as I only receive rejections. 

I even started applying for unskilled jobs, anything, hopefully not to be unemployed until I find another decent job.

But, apologies for my frustrated essay, my question is: would I be entitle to any kind of chomage in my situation? 

I am open to suggestions, 

thanks, 

G

Giuseppe CDec 5, 2018 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 837 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: question about chomage
Post 1

I think you'd better ask HR in your current orgnization, as unemployment benefits and conditions are often different for international organizations as for other employers.

For regular companies, you need to have worked for at least 1 year before you can ask for unemployment benefits.

I think you'd better ask HR in your current orgnization, as unemployment benefits and conditions are often different for international organizations as for other employers.

For regular companies, you need to have worked for at least 1 year before you can ask for unemployment benefits.

ajimenezp, Dec 5, 2018 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: question about chomage
Post 2

Thank you for your answer! 

Thank you for your answer! 

Giuseppe C, Dec 5, 2018 @ 21:55