Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > rock music in geneva bars???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
rock music in geneva bars???
anyone know of any bars in geneva that play rock in the background instead of ambience and techno type stuff all the time? anything from led zepplin to korn/rage against the machine will do. did end up in one once, but was so happy that i got drunk and can't remember where it is!

Thanks,

G.
The text you are quoting:
anyone know of any bars in geneva that play rock in the background instead of ambience and techno type stuff all the time? anything from led zepplin to korn/rage against the machine will do. did end up in one once, but was so happy that i got drunk and can't remember where it is!

Thanks,

G.
G___Jan 16, 2006 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 3091 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: rock music in geneva bars???
Post 1
only place I know where they have that kind of music..
anyway If u find it again DO let me know please...

Val
only place I know where they have that kind of music..
anyway If u find it again DO let me know please...

Val
Hoiling, Jan 16, 2006 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Try Mr.Pickwick pub, 80 rue de Lausanne. They have an wide range of music, mostly rock. You can see their music program on www.mrpickwick.ch.
Chat Noir in Carouge caters for all variations of jazz like funk, fusion, dixie, groove&classical.
Try Mr.Pickwick pub, 80 rue de Lausanne. They have an wide range of music, mostly rock. You can see their music program on www.mrpickwick.ch.
Chat Noir in Carouge caters for all variations of jazz like funk, fusion, dixie, groove&classical.
Kraigo, Jan 17, 2006 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
There's no regular rock bar here in Geneva (I'd argue there's no regular bars, with the exception of the UK pub-style joints). But L'Usine gets some excellent bands in from time to time (I saw Killing Joke, Ministry, KMFDM, and Laibach all in the space of 2 months one year). Go here:

http://www.usine.ch/

Check out the links for Kab, PTR, and Zoo. Get on their mailing list to keep up to date. There's also a monthly schedule on pdf on the site. nuit.ch also lists their gigs, but sometimes is less thorough about listing everything.

Rock on!
There's no regular rock bar here in Geneva (I'd argue there's no regular bars, with the exception of the UK pub-style joints). But L'Usine gets some excellent bands in from time to time (I saw Killing Joke, Ministry, KMFDM, and Laibach all in the space of 2 months one year). Go here:

http://www.usine.ch/

Check out the links for Kab, PTR, and Zoo. Get on their mailing list to keep up to date. There's also a monthly schedule on pdf on the site. nuit.ch also lists their gigs, but sometimes is less thorough about listing everything.

Rock on!
Insektokutor, Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I just re-read your post and realized I initially misunderstood what you were asking.

There IS one place that plays rock in the Old Town, not far from Carnivore I believe, I think it's called Le Roi or The King or something, I can't remember. It's kind of an Irish-pub style joint, full of young kiddies but at least the girls were fine.
I just re-read your post and realized I initially misunderstood what you were asking.

There IS one place that plays rock in the Old Town, not far from Carnivore I believe, I think it's called Le Roi or The King or something, I can't remember. It's kind of an Irish-pub style joint, full of young kiddies but at least the girls were fine.
Insektokutor, Jan 18, 2006 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Yeah that definitely sounds familiar. i'm going to try and retrace my steps in the coming weeks and check out this king/queen place (again). cheers for the info!
Yeah that definitely sounds familiar. i'm going to try and retrace my steps in the coming weeks and check out this king/queen place (again). cheers for the info!
G___, Jan 25, 2006 @ 12:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 3091 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form