Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > thai box

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
thai box
I'm looking for a thai boxing course (mixture between thai box and aerobic) in Geneva.

Does anybody know where I can do this apart from Ecole Club Migros?

Thanks!
Andrea
The text you are quoting:
I'm looking for a thai boxing course (mixture between thai box and aerobic) in Geneva.

Does anybody know where I can do this apart from Ecole Club Migros?

Thanks!
Andrea
ansu1979Jan 4, 2006 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 2391 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: thai box
Post 1
but you can have a look on
http://www.club-des-sports.ch/

maybe u'll find some!

Cheers
Vale
but you can have a look on
http://www.club-des-sports.ch/

maybe u'll find some!

Cheers
Vale
Hoiling, Jan 5, 2006 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I know the addressed of 2 clubs but not their names, here they are in any case:

- 11 rue Maunoir.
- 12 Bouilevard de Philosoph.

Good luck, and hope to see you on K1 soon...(-:

Nir
I know the addressed of 2 clubs but not their names, here they are in any case:

- 11 rue Maunoir.
- 12 Bouilevard de Philosoph.

Good luck, and hope to see you on K1 soon...(-:

Nir
Nir Ofek, Jan 6, 2006 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
thanks everyone for your help.

I acctually already signed up at Migros and see how I'm gonna do. :)

cheers
Andrea
thanks everyone for your help.

I acctually already signed up at Migros and see how I'm gonna do. :)

cheers
Andrea
ansu1979, Jan 8, 2006 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
1st of all, regret to say i dont know any Thais in G'va (seriously man, where the h*** r they? i've only met cooks at Mike Wong's!!)

2nd of all, v. complex thai boxing, there's a whole song and dance u have 2 do b4 even lifting a leg!!

LOL
1st of all, regret to say i dont know any Thais in G'va (seriously man, where the h*** r they? i've only met cooks at Mike Wong's!!)

2nd of all, v. complex thai boxing, there's a whole song and dance u have 2 do b4 even lifting a leg!!

LOL
Tigger, Jan 9, 2006 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Very frustrating - i replied twice but both times timed out and lost the message so this time i'll be much quicker.

The best ive found is on rue de l'avenir. The guy is passionate and has good links to Thailand. So far this is the most authentic Muay Thai ive found. Excellent fitness and very good technique training. There is a real problem with over crowding in the club and the place is really missing a ring which would make a big difference (sparring is a weak point here). The day this guy moves location I suspect will be the day this is the best here hands down.

Unfortunately I fell into a dreaded layoff and am now embarrassed to go back. Means Ive been researching this for about 7-8 months. Sorry if I offend anyone with the below, I know club choice can be an extremely personal thing.

GAMA behind the ice hockey rink by carouge. Focus is on Jeet Kune Do with some Muay Thai. Very expensive and my feeling was the guy is equally in it for the money as passing on knowledge. Also techniques were more nicey nicey for the mirror. I went three times and left.

Unifight - Rue de Tir - the guy is trying to teach a masisve number of martual arts which makes me sceptical. To his due he was a former Olympic champion for Judo and a body guard so I need to accept he has done his homework. Just for me the class really lacks structure. On the plus side I have the feeling that he's completely in it for the arts, just he's not much of a teacher.

Boulevard Philosophes. Maybe i went along on a bad night but i wasnt impressed. I turned up on fighters night and so saw the competition fighters training. I thought the fitness, discipline and technique were poor. I didnt go again so maybe this was a one off - Ive heard good things about here from other GOLers.

Ive heard of a good club somewhere in Servette which Ive not managed to find yet, also heard of a good one in Petit Lancy on rue de Bossons which Ive not been to yet. Again the best Ive seen so far is the only one im not comfortable going back to just yet. If people know of other good ones Im happy to know or try.
Very frustrating - i replied twice but both times timed out and lost the message so this time i'll be much quicker.

The best ive found is on rue de l'avenir. The guy is passionate and has good links to Thailand. So far this is the most authentic Muay Thai ive found. Excellent fitness and very good technique training. There is a real problem with over crowding in the club and the place is really missing a ring which would make a big difference (sparring is a weak point here). The day this guy moves location I suspect will be the day this is the best here hands down.

Unfortunately I fell into a dreaded layoff and am now embarrassed to go back. Means Ive been researching this for about 7-8 months. Sorry if I offend anyone with the below, I know club choice can be an extremely personal thing.

GAMA behind the ice hockey rink by carouge. Focus is on Jeet Kune Do with some Muay Thai. Very expensive and my feeling was the guy is equally in it for the money as passing on knowledge. Also techniques were more nicey nicey for the mirror. I went three times and left.

Unifight - Rue de Tir - the guy is trying to teach a masisve number of martual arts which makes me sceptical. To his due he was a former Olympic champion for Judo and a body guard so I need to accept he has done his homework. Just for me the class really lacks structure. On the plus side I have the feeling that he's completely in it for the arts, just he's not much of a teacher.

Boulevard Philosophes. Maybe i went along on a bad night but i wasnt impressed. I turned up on fighters night and so saw the competition fighters training. I thought the fitness, discipline and technique were poor. I didnt go again so maybe this was a one off - Ive heard good things about here from other GOLers.

Ive heard of a good club somewhere in Servette which Ive not managed to find yet, also heard of a good one in Petit Lancy on rue de Bossons which Ive not been to yet. Again the best Ive seen so far is the only one im not comfortable going back to just yet. If people know of other good ones Im happy to know or try.
Singean, Jan 21, 2006 @ 23:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 2391 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form