Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > where to give birth for frontaliers?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
where to give birth for frontaliers?
Anyone know the laws about frontaliers having their baby in Geneva (as opposed to in France?). Is there any problem with it legally? Is one better or worse than the other (France vs. Switzerland)? I would appreciate responses from anyone who has done either recently, I'm lost!!!

Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
Anyone know the laws about frontaliers having their baby in Geneva (as opposed to in France?). Is there any problem with it legally? Is one better or worse than the other (France vs. Switzerland)? I would appreciate responses from anyone who has done either recently, I'm lost!!!

Thanks!
sara_caliJun 1, 2006 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1235 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: where to give birth for frontaliers?
Post 1
heard that most of the people living there prefer to cross the border and use the Maternity of Geneva (public) or the Clinic of Grangettes (private). I gave birth in the Maternity of Geneva and the service was really excellent. I think the first thing to do is check with your health insurance if they would cover giving birth in CH or not. Then contact the maternities here to see if that would be possible. Visit them as well, I think that's a good thing to do and feel free to ask your gynecologist's opinion as well.
The text you are quoting:
heard that most of the people living there prefer to cross the border and use the Maternity of Geneva (public) or the Clinic of Grangettes (private). I gave birth in the Maternity of Geneva and the service was really excellent. I think the first thing to do is check with your health insurance if they would cover giving birth in CH or not. Then contact the maternities here to see if that would be possible. Visit them as well, I think that's a good thing to do and feel free to ask your gynecologist's opinion as well.
Iolly, Jun 2, 2006 @ 15:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1235 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form