Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > widescreen TV in switzerland?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
widescreen TV in switzerland?
Does swiss TV broadcast shows in wide screen? (such that if you have a widescreen 16/9 tv you dont get black bars or a streched image)? What about football games?
Thanks!!!
The text you are quoting:
Does swiss TV broadcast shows in wide screen? (such that if you have a widescreen 16/9 tv you dont get black bars or a streched image)? What about football games?
Thanks!!!
sara_caliAug 13, 2006 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 995 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: widescreen TV in switzerland?
Post 1
SF DRS starts tomorrow with some news programms. They will bring more and more programms in 16:9. The worldcup was allready broadcast in 16:9. So if you buy a TV and you like to watch our good old Swiss TV, buy a TV with 16:9 and HDTV. Switzerland will also stop broadcasting analog signal, so if you're on cable, it's no problem for you, if you're watching by direct antenna, you need a TV with decoder. I think, that until summer 2007 most programms are 16:9 and HDTV. For the rest like films, 16:9 is even better. First Swiss TV programm 16:9 will be "Schweiz aktuell" tomorrow around 7PM.
SF DRS starts tomorrow with some news programms. They will bring more and more programms in 16:9. The worldcup was allready broadcast in 16:9. So if you buy a TV and you like to watch our good old Swiss TV, buy a TV with 16:9 and HDTV. Switzerland will also stop broadcasting analog signal, so if you're on cable, it's no problem for you, if you're watching by direct antenna, you need a TV with decoder. I think, that until summer 2007 most programms are 16:9 and HDTV. For the rest like films, 16:9 is even better. First Swiss TV programm 16:9 will be "Schweiz aktuell" tomorrow around 7PM.
freedy, Aug 14, 2006 @ 02:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: widescreen TV in switzerland?
Post 2
thanks for the info! sounds like 16/9 is the way to go, sorry i missed that for the world cup, i bet its great to watch the games in wide screen
thanks for the info! sounds like 16/9 is the way to go, sorry i missed that for the world cup, i bet its great to watch the games in wide screen
sara_cali, Aug 14, 2006 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 995 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form