Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > wireless ADSL - which provider?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
wireless ADSL - which provider?
I'd like to get the wireless internet to use at home, but not sure which provider to choose from. As always , there's Swisscom - but I don't like their fixed net prices. I heard Tele2 is good, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance
KC
The text you are quoting:
I'd like to get the wireless internet to use at home, but not sure which provider to choose from. As always , there's Swisscom - but I don't like their fixed net prices. I heard Tele2 is good, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance
KC
kitty_catMay 17, 2006 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1115 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: wireless ADSL - which provider?
Post 1
5 francs cheaper then Swisscom, but their servers tend to crash quite often, I have just changed from Tele2 to Swisscom and am alot happier with Swisscom then Tele2, they are a bit more expensive but the quality is far more superior. But there are other providers apart from Tele2 and Swisscom, not sure who they are, but I'm sure someone here does
5 francs cheaper then Swisscom, but their servers tend to crash quite often, I have just changed from Tele2 to Swisscom and am alot happier with Swisscom then Tele2, they are a bit more expensive but the quality is far more superior. But there are other providers apart from Tele2 and Swisscom, not sure who they are, but I'm sure someone here does
DJ_Symcard, May 17, 2006 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
that's really good to know, sounds like Swisscom is a better option then. I just think they make you have their phone subscription as well, which is very expensive compared to others so the total difference considering is then much bigger.

I'll check that and if anyone has any other tip, ta for letting me know:-)
that's really good to know, sounds like Swisscom is a better option then. I just think they make you have their phone subscription as well, which is very expensive compared to others so the total difference considering is then much bigger.

I'll check that and if anyone has any other tip, ta for letting me know:-)
kitty_cat, May 17, 2006 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
It doesn't matter which ADSL provider you take, you are obliged to rent the phone line from Swisscom (25.25 CHF)
It doesn't matter which ADSL provider you take, you are obliged to rent the phone line from Swisscom (25.25 CHF)
DJ_Symcard, May 17, 2006 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
that you have to have a swisscom line...but now i do:-) thanks!
that you have to have a swisscom line...but now i do:-) thanks!
kitty_cat, May 18, 2006 @ 01:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
or you can get a wireless card (like your cell phone SIM) and plug it into your laptop

http://www.swisscom.com/onlineshop/productdetails.aspx?cat=41000_Mobilfunkkarten&sub=41100_Mobile+Unlimited&opn=O&sku=000000000000115638&lang=en-GB&sendingPageType=products&ct=1
or you can get a wireless card (like your cell phone SIM) and plug it into your laptop

http://www.swisscom.com/onlineshop/productdetails.aspx?cat=41000_Mobilfunkkarten&sub=41100_Mobile+Unlimited&opn=O&sku=000000000000115638&lang=en-GB&sendingPageType=products&ct=1
tcfse, May 18, 2006 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I got one of these, and has turned out to be very very expensive, as it is actually for buisnesses who have the budget to be able to pay for it, ok you can be anywhere in Switzerland and be connected (sort of) but the speed is quite slow, and if you use it out side of Switzerland then it gets very pricy, Almost had a heart attack when I opened one bill.

It could be useful, but if you don't really need it, then don't get it
I got one of these, and has turned out to be very very expensive, as it is actually for buisnesses who have the budget to be able to pay for it, ok you can be anywhere in Switzerland and be connected (sort of) but the speed is quite slow, and if you use it out side of Switzerland then it gets very pricy, Almost had a heart attack when I opened one bill.

It could be useful, but if you don't really need it, then don't get it
DJ_Symcard, May 18, 2006 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
If somebody is looking at getting one of these Mobile Unlimited cards, I'll gladly transfer mine to them. I have the UTMS version, the cost is 80 CHF per month, and you get 1GB of downloads included and access to all Swisscom hotspots in Switzerland. But has a 2 year contract on it, I think I've had it for about 4 months.

I have a big bill to pay for it (I don't expect the person to take it on, but if you want to, you're more then welcome) once that's paid and all is in order then I'll give it to whoever is interested.

Simon
If somebody is looking at getting one of these Mobile Unlimited cards, I'll gladly transfer mine to them. I have the UTMS version, the cost is 80 CHF per month, and you get 1GB of downloads included and access to all Swisscom hotspots in Switzerland. But has a 2 year contract on it, I think I've had it for about 4 months.

I have a big bill to pay for it (I don't expect the person to take it on, but if you want to, you're more then welcome) once that's paid and all is in order then I'll give it to whoever is interested.

Simon
DJ_Symcard, May 19, 2006 @ 01:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1115 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form