Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > x-border shopping

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
x-border shopping
so i'v been hearing about this fabled land of bargains called 'france'. where's a good place to go, and how do i get there by public transit?? i live in carouge and see that i am about 8 bus stops from the border, but those locales don't look very promising. should i hop on the 12 tram and go to annemasse? or somewhere else?

thanks!
The text you are quoting:
so i'v been hearing about this fabled land of bargains called 'france'. where's a good place to go, and how do i get there by public transit?? i live in carouge and see that i am about 8 bus stops from the border, but those locales don't look very promising. should i hop on the 12 tram and go to annemasse? or somewhere else?

thanks!
snowriceNov 25, 2005 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1331 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: x-border shopping
Post 1
shopping in france used to be a bargain when the euro was a bit weaker compared to the swiss franc. now, with the euro so strong, crossing the border usually aint worth the trip.

however, if you do want to try it, a good place to start is the Champion super market in ferney Voltaire. Its a huge super market with everything in it. the shopping experience aint too hot (its considered a semi discount place), but if there's anywhere you might be able to still get a good price its there.

no clue how to get there by public trasport tho...sorry.
shopping in france used to be a bargain when the euro was a bit weaker compared to the swiss franc. now, with the euro so strong, crossing the border usually aint worth the trip.

however, if you do want to try it, a good place to start is the Champion super market in ferney Voltaire. Its a huge super market with everything in it. the shopping experience aint too hot (its considered a semi discount place), but if there's anywhere you might be able to still get a good price its there.

no clue how to get there by public trasport tho...sorry.

Nir Ofek, Nov 26, 2005 @ 15:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
the F bus crosses the border to Ferney
the F bus crosses the border to Ferney
NOname, Nov 27, 2005 @ 00:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
thx guys for the info!

finally made it cross the border today. u'r rite, not everything's a deal, but still came back with as much as i could carry! i think the rice was even cheaper than back in canada, which i found odd.

in all, a nice experience for this economist from the perspective of the whole exchange rate/purchasing power parity thing. [nerd!] =D
thx guys for the info!

finally made it cross the border today. u'r rite, not everything's a deal, but still came back with as much as i could carry! i think the rice was even cheaper than back in canada, which i found odd.

in all, a nice experience for this economist from the perspective of the whole exchange rate/purchasing power parity thing. [nerd!] =D
snowrice, Dec 4, 2005 @ 00:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1331 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form