Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > zooming around the lake

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
zooming around the lake
I've no idea what they're called but I've seen the motorised tourist platforms zooming around the lake... You stand upright on a set of wheels... does anyone know where these can be rented from? I've a bunch of friends coming over and with enough people and some summer wine the foolish look of the things will be soon forgotten.

Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
I've no idea what they're called but I've seen the motorised tourist platforms zooming around the lake... You stand upright on a set of wheels... does anyone know where these can be rented from? I've a bunch of friends coming over and with enough people and some summer wine the foolish look of the things will be soon forgotten.

Thanks!
SingeanApr 30, 2006 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 973 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: zooming around the lake
Post 1
i had no idea they had those here. hmmmm
i had no idea they had those here. hmmmm
fuzzyshoe, May 1, 2006 @ 02:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I saw the Segway's too. They were developed a few years ago in the US and made huge noise, but then they did not really sell well (I think each is around 10k USD).

Anyway, i also a few of them around Geneva. Not sure you can rent them - I thinjk it's private people who bought them and are now using them.

I saw the Segway's too. They were developed a few years ago in the US and made huge noise, but then they did not really sell well (I think each is around 10k USD).

Anyway, i also a few of them around Geneva. Not sure you can rent them - I thinjk it's private people who bought them and are now using them.

Nir Ofek, May 1, 2006 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
from knowing the name and trusty google i have discovered that segways were... invented in geneva! Still can't find a segways rental shop in this jolly town though.
from knowing the name and trusty google i have discovered that segways were... invented in geneva! Still can't find a segways rental shop in this jolly town though.
Singean, May 1, 2006 @ 21:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 973 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form