Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Anyone up for a Discussion Group?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Anyone up for a Discussion Group?

We used to have a thriving discussion group that regularly met in Lausanne.We covered topics covering everything from the ethics of drone warfare to the value of momogamy. It was lively,fun and stimulating - and personally I learned a lot and even changed some of my long-held beliefs. It was also a great way to make new friends who were on a similar wavelength.

I would like to revive this group and am trying to find people who would be interested.Once I know there is enough interest, we might be able to get something going.

Please contact me if you would like to know more.

Cheers

The text you are quoting:

We used to have a thriving discussion group that regularly met in Lausanne.We covered topics covering everything from the ethics of drone warfare to the value of momogamy. It was lively,fun and stimulating - and personally I learned a lot and even changed some of my long-held beliefs. It was also a great way to make new friends who were on a similar wavelength.

I would like to revive this group and am trying to find people who would be interested.Once I know there is enough interest, we might be able to get something going.

Please contact me if you would like to know more.

Cheers

buzzcocksDec 19, 2021 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 2215 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Anyone up for a Discussion Group?
Post 1

Um...." monogamy" as someone kindly corrected for me:-)

Um...." monogamy" as someone kindly corrected for me:-)

buzzcocks, Dec 19, 2021 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Good one, Tracey! I remember those events and attended many of them. They were called “Café Philo” and proposed discussions on lots of really interesting subjects. These were the golden years of benevolent and authentic dialogue. The discussions were well monitored, and respectful, inclusive, amicable, considerate. Would be good to rekindle!

Good one, Tracey! I remember those events and attended many of them. They were called “Café Philo” and proposed discussions on lots of really interesting subjects. These were the golden years of benevolent and authentic dialogue. The discussions were well monitored, and respectful, inclusive, amicable, considerate. Would be good to rekindle!

Elisabeth L, Dec 20, 2021 @ 08:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Not much interest so far Frown

Not much interest so far Frown

buzzcocks, Dec 29, 2021 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Winds of change! Apparently the spell is broken and the golden carriage has gone back to being a pumpkin…Surprised

Winds of change! Apparently the spell is broken and the golden carriage has gone back to being a pumpkin…Surprised

Elisabeth L, Dec 30, 2021 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Yeah, I'll discuss anything, from abortion to death penalty, covid, whatever.

Yeah, I'll discuss anything, from abortion to death penalty, covid, whatever.

Sam Bell, Aug 20, 2022 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

A few months have passed, and I hope that the proposal still stands!

After the COVID mess, it would be fun to once again meet in person to chat about whatever topic is of interest.

It also looks like Glocals is no longer being used at it was when I joined some 10 years ago, as I had just moved here in Suisse Romande. A sign of the times?

Anyway, i will be connecting more frequently and look forward to see any sign of upcoming activities!

Bye, Luca

A few months have passed, and I hope that the proposal still stands!

After the COVID mess, it would be fun to once again meet in person to chat about whatever topic is of interest.

It also looks like Glocals is no longer being used at it was when I joined some 10 years ago, as I had just moved here in Suisse Romande. A sign of the times?

Anyway, i will be connecting more frequently and look forward to see any sign of upcoming activities!

Bye, Luca

Luca Bertagnolio, Aug 30, 2022 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

We did have a few meetings earlier this year which were advertised on the events page of Glocals.If you are interested in joining further meetings,please send me a private message via Glocals and I can give you more info.

Thanks

We did have a few meetings earlier this year which were advertised on the events page of Glocals.If you are interested in joining further meetings,please send me a private message via Glocals and I can give you more info.

Thanks

buzzcocks, Sep 1, 2022 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 2215 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form