Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Bars with Fifa world cup?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bars with Fifa world cup?

Hello!

On Sunday afternoon I'm in Lausanne and currently looking for a place where to watch Italy's match. Do you have any suggestion, not too far from the SBB station? (not too far, because in the morning and early afternoon I'll be in Gruyeres, for the medieval festival of St John.. so I'll be arriving there just in time). Thanks!   

Andrea

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

On Sunday afternoon I'm in Lausanne and currently looking for a place where to watch Italy's match. Do you have any suggestion, not too far from the SBB station? (not too far, because in the morning and early afternoon I'll be in Gruyeres, for the medieval festival of St John.. so I'll be arriving there just in time). Thanks!   

Andrea

Andrea VidJun 18, 2010 @ 01:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1402 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bars with Fifa world cup?
Post 1

Andrea - jump on the metro down to Ouchy and watch it on the big screen down at the marina - the atmosphere's brilliant and much better than craning your neck in a pub!!  Enjoy.  Hope you win!

Andrea - jump on the metro down to Ouchy and watch it on the big screen down at the marina - the atmosphere's brilliant and much better than craning your neck in a pub!!  Enjoy.  Hope you win!

Carolyn C, Jun 18, 2010 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you are set on watching in a bar then head to Kingsize in Flon, Great Escape just above Ripponne or Etoile Blanche just near Bessieres metro station.

If you are set on watching in a bar then head to Kingsize in Flon, Great Escape just above Ripponne or Etoile Blanche just near Bessieres metro station.

Kirsty175, Jun 18, 2010 @ 15:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks on the helpful advice! I must say that, despite being 3 times in Lausanne, I never noticed there was a metro (I did see the "M" signs on the map, but never figured out where the secret passage to get there from the train station was). Now I have the hamletic doubt of which screen to choose, but I can cope with this better! Perhaps I'll pick Ouchy, if the megascreen is high enough that it's visible, even if in front of me I have basketball players holding umbrellas.

If anyone is also watching it, please blow a whistle (or text me at +39 3472288060)

Thanks on the helpful advice! I must say that, despite being 3 times in Lausanne, I never noticed there was a metro (I did see the "M" signs on the map, but never figured out where the secret passage to get there from the train station was). Now I have the hamletic doubt of which screen to choose, but I can cope with this better! Perhaps I'll pick Ouchy, if the megascreen is high enough that it's visible, even if in front of me I have basketball players holding umbrellas.

If anyone is also watching it, please blow a whistle (or text me at +39 3472288060)

Andrea Vid, Jun 18, 2010 @ 15:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1402 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form