Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Driving Lausanne to Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Driving Lausanne to Geneva
Hi!

Does anyone commute from Lausanne to Geneva? I currently take the train, and, what I thought would normally take 40 minutes or so to get into work, now takes over 1 hour.. (and an hour and a half in the evenings... :( ).
Does anyone drive? How bad is it? I work by the airport, and I am seriously considering a car....
The text you are quoting:
Hi!

Does anyone commute from Lausanne to Geneva? I currently take the train, and, what I thought would normally take 40 minutes or so to get into work, now takes over 1 hour.. (and an hour and a half in the evenings... :( ).
Does anyone drive? How bad is it? I work by the airport, and I am seriously considering a car....
MM79Apr 22, 2007 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 3352 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Driving Lausanne to Geneva
Post 1

is notoriously saturated early morning and obviously evenings. It's a gamble: all might be fine and you'll need only 30minutes or you might get stuck in a jam caused by the usual traffic accidents and stay there 1h... at any rate it will take at least 30minutes drive, just follow the new "flashing" beacons provided by the police

Good luck!

is notoriously saturated early morning and obviously evenings. It's a gamble: all might be fine and you'll need only 30minutes or you might get stuck in a jam caused by the usual traffic accidents and stay there 1h... at any rate it will take at least 30minutes drive, just follow the new "flashing" beacons provided by the police

Good luck!
swisskiss, Apr 23, 2007 @ 09:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi,

I live in Nyon and work in Geneva, 10min from the airport and I drive, but it takes me in average 45 min if I leave latish (8am). A lot of my collegues live in Lausanne but they chose the train option... They said it's faster and less hassle (traffic jam and accidents).
Hi,

I live in Nyon and work in Geneva, 10min from the airport and I drive, but it takes me in average 45 min if I leave latish (8am). A lot of my collegues live in Lausanne but they chose the train option... They said it's faster and less hassle (traffic jam and accidents).
florka, Apr 24, 2007 @ 21:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thanks to all who replied!
I am still thinking about it, as I leave the house at 7, but don't get into work til sometimes after 8:30 (and again 1 hour and a half in the evning) so I thought it might not be soo bad early in the morning...
we will see..
thanks!!!
Thanks to all who replied!
I am still thinking about it, as I leave the house at 7, but don't get into work til sometimes after 8:30 (and again 1 hour and a half in the evning) so I thought it might not be soo bad early in the morning...
we will see..
thanks!!!
MM79, Apr 25, 2007 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi again,

I think if you leave lausanne at 7am, you'll be in the traffic at the worst time of the day... If you can leave maybe 30min ealier, you'll probably get there faster or if you leave lausanne around 7.30 or 7.45.. again, it depends of your work schedule... the traffic is pretty bad in the evenings as well...

good luck anyway!
Hi again,

I think if you leave lausanne at 7am, you'll be in the traffic at the worst time of the day... If you can leave maybe 30min ealier, you'll probably get there faster or if you leave lausanne around 7.30 or 7.45.. again, it depends of your work schedule... the traffic is pretty bad in the evenings as well...

good luck anyway!
florka, Apr 29, 2007 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 3352 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form