Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Driving from UK to Swiss any customs to pay???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Driving from UK to Swiss any customs to pay???

I am going back to uk to fetch more furniture and drive a van back to Lausanne...someone has said that i might have to pay customs tax on the things i bring back???? can anyone shed some light on this for me i would be most greatfull   Laughing

The text you are quoting:

I am going back to uk to fetch more furniture and drive a van back to Lausanne...someone has said that i might have to pay customs tax on the things i bring back???? can anyone shed some light on this for me i would be most greatfull   Laughing

jamie parnhamJun 29, 2010 @ 14:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1627 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Driving from UK to Swiss any customs to pay???
Post 1

You shouldn't have to pay anything unless thethings you are bringing into Switzerland are new. When my family brought a van load of my stuff over we had to make an itineray of what the van contained as well as carry a copy of my permit, proof of address etc. If you reach customs outside of opening hours you have to pay a standard charge (I think it was 300euros) but then the next morning you can go to the Customs office nearest to you and claim the money back. Just be careful as they werent too happy when I only turned up with the documents and not the actual goods.

Have a look here for some help:

http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/zu_beachten/00352/index.html?lang=en

Kirsty

You shouldn't have to pay anything unless thethings you are bringing into Switzerland are new. When my family brought a van load of my stuff over we had to make an itineray of what the van contained as well as carry a copy of my permit, proof of address etc. If you reach customs outside of opening hours you have to pay a standard charge (I think it was 300euros) but then the next morning you can go to the Customs office nearest to you and claim the money back. Just be careful as they werent too happy when I only turned up with the documents and not the actual goods.

Have a look here for some help:

http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/zu_beachten/00352/index.html?lang=en

Kirsty

Kirsty175, Jul 6, 2010 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Driving from UK to Swiss any customs to pay???
Post 2

I moved over with a vanload of stuff - furniture, bikes, etc, etc, - and was lucky not to get stopped at customs. 

Have had to pay though when buying stuff from UK websites and having it delivered here.

Alice

I moved over with a vanload of stuff - furniture, bikes, etc, etc, - and was lucky not to get stopped at customs. 

Have had to pay though when buying stuff from UK websites and having it delivered here.

Alice

Alice T, Jul 6, 2010 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1627 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form