Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Dungeons and Dragons

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dungeons and Dragons

Hello Community. Recently, a group of us have gotten interested in getting together to have some fun role playing D&D adventures and getting to know new people. We haven't found much activity for D&D-based gaming and I wanted to see if within the glocals community there was an interest to form English-speaking role playing groups? We are a group of people from the Lausanne/Nyon/Geneva area.

The text you are quoting:

Hello Community. Recently, a group of us have gotten interested in getting together to have some fun role playing D&D adventures and getting to know new people. We haven't found much activity for D&D-based gaming and I wanted to see if within the glocals community there was an interest to form English-speaking role playing groups? We are a group of people from the Lausanne/Nyon/Geneva area.

Alfredo FJun 27, 2013 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

16 Replies | 3163 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Dungeons and Dragons
Post 1

I will join this group but i want to know when it will start.

I will join this group but i want to know when it will start.

hassel lee, Jul 2, 2013 @ 07:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Ok, time to resurrect this thread from the dead, Necromancer-style!

There seems to be a fairly active DnD community building up in Geneva at the moment, but it would be cool to have one in Lausanne as well.

I thought I'd see if there's any interest here in getting a little group going. Naturally, it would be great if there's an experienced DM around, but anyone is welcome!

Ok, time to resurrect this thread from the dead, Necromancer-style!

There seems to be a fairly active DnD community building up in Geneva at the moment, but it would be cool to have one in Lausanne as well.

I thought I'd see if there's any interest here in getting a little group going. Naturally, it would be great if there's an experienced DM around, but anyone is welcome!

Romain H, Mar 13, 2019 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey great idea!

I am definitively interested as well.

Hey great idea!

I am definitively interested as well.

Grégory M, Mar 13, 2019 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Interested here too.

Despite always being curious about it, I’ve never played!

Interested here too.

Despite always being curious about it, I’ve never played!

Alastair G, Mar 14, 2019 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey folks. My name is Alp and I am the organiser of a non-profit association called SwissRPG with the goal to promote and enable role playing games in Switzerland. We're very active in Zürich and Basel, with over 300 members but we'd like to continue helping people play in Suisse Romande as well. We have great resources to offer and a vibrant and postiive community. Would anyone here be interested in being part of this ?

Hey folks. My name is Alp and I am the organiser of a non-profit association called SwissRPG with the goal to promote and enable role playing games in Switzerland. We're very active in Zürich and Basel, with over 300 members but we'd like to continue helping people play in Suisse Romande as well. We have great resources to offer and a vibrant and postiive community. Would anyone here be interested in being part of this ?

Alp_, Apr 8, 2019 @ 09:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Back from the dead indeed! Nice resurrection! I know of very few anglophone groups playing Pathfinder and D&D, but mostly organized through word of mouth and sometimes from meeting here. Hi Alp_, your message seems to suggest a large group up north, would be good to know how you have organized yourselves there! I tried to contact WoTC a while back to see if they would be intersted in promoting products here in Switzerland, given the interest in boardgames, but I guess an organization would have better luck. I know places like Xenomorphe in Plains Palais in Geneva hosts a few D&D nights, sometimes for beginners. I am currently a bit too busy to organize game nights, but perhaps re-igniting this post will get a few people talking. At the moment, finding a locale is a bit of an issue, I don't know of many enclosed public spaces, but maybe I need to explore more. There are also a few events organized yearly, but I cannot give you any more information now.

Back from the dead indeed! Nice resurrection! I know of very few anglophone groups playing Pathfinder and D&D, but mostly organized through word of mouth and sometimes from meeting here. Hi Alp_, your message seems to suggest a large group up north, would be good to know how you have organized yourselves there! I tried to contact WoTC a while back to see if they would be intersted in promoting products here in Switzerland, given the interest in boardgames, but I guess an organization would have better luck. I know places like Xenomorphe in Plains Palais in Geneva hosts a few D&D nights, sometimes for beginners. I am currently a bit too busy to organize game nights, but perhaps re-igniting this post will get a few people talking. At the moment, finding a locale is a bit of an issue, I don't know of many enclosed public spaces, but maybe I need to explore more. There are also a few events organized yearly, but I cannot give you any more information now.

Alfredo F, Apr 12, 2019 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Yes, definitely interested! I agree with Alfredo above, any kind of organized support would certainly help get things going!

At the moment, the main difficulty is finding players/DMs, and organizing locations. Something like SwissRPG could certainly help with both of those issues.

Yes, definitely interested! I agree with Alfredo above, any kind of organized support would certainly help get things going!

At the moment, the main difficulty is finding players/DMs, and organizing locations. Something like SwissRPG could certainly help with both of those issues.

Romain H, Apr 15, 2019 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Alfredo.

Thanks for the reply. I've been speaking with Xenomorphe but it doesn't seem like they're too open to using their space for role playing games. But more often than not, the GM can host at their place or office. So what we need is a platform to publish games (one shots, campaigns) which our association provides, and some socia (non-gaming) events to start building a community. We would be helping and provide all our know-how of course to make it as easy as possible. It's definitely doable and a lot of people are waiting for this. We just need the help from one organiser based in Geneva. I go there occasionaly, but not often enough :)

Hi Alfredo.

Thanks for the reply. I've been speaking with Xenomorphe but it doesn't seem like they're too open to using their space for role playing games. But more often than not, the GM can host at their place or office. So what we need is a platform to publish games (one shots, campaigns) which our association provides, and some socia (non-gaming) events to start building a community. We would be helping and provide all our know-how of course to make it as easy as possible. It's definitely doable and a lot of people are waiting for this. We just need the help from one organiser based in Geneva. I go there occasionaly, but not often enough :)

Alp_, Apr 15, 2019 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Alp,

glad to see your reply, and certainly seems like your platform would be a big help! And I agree that people can host at their own places.

Just to be clear though, are you focusing your efforts on the Geneva area only, or are there any plans to expand a bit further out?  There's a separate thread for DnD in Geneva, and this thread was looking to build interest and availability in the Lausanne area.

Hi Alp,

glad to see your reply, and certainly seems like your platform would be a big help! And I agree that people can host at their own places.

Just to be clear though, are you focusing your efforts on the Geneva area only, or are there any plans to expand a bit further out?  There's a separate thread for DnD in Geneva, and this thread was looking to build interest and availability in the Lausanne area.

Romain H, Apr 15, 2019 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Romain.

I must have missed the other post. Will look it up and post there too. But no, not only Geneva, we're called SwissRPG so we want to expand and help people play where there is the demand. So we could have a Lausanne chapter and a Geneva chapter too.

Hi Romain.

I must have missed the other post. Will look it up and post there too. But no, not only Geneva, we're called SwissRPG so we want to expand and help people play where there is the demand. So we could have a Lausanne chapter and a Geneva chapter too.

Alp_, Apr 16, 2019 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hey everyone. Reviving this thread to inform you we are going to launch SwissRPG activities in Suisse Romande in September, starting with Lausanne. We'll have some one shot D&D games for you as well as an opening social event.

If you'd like to help out, please let me know. Mainly if you want to run some one-shot adventures from any role playing game system, that would be great, but if you want to help in other ways like for social events, I'd like to hear about that too.

Feel free to write me here or with a private message, but I'm much likelier to respond quickly if you email me at [email protected].

Hey everyone. Reviving this thread to inform you we are going to launch SwissRPG activities in Suisse Romande in September, starting with Lausanne. We'll have some one shot D&D games for you as well as an opening social event.

If you'd like to help out, please let me know. Mainly if you want to run some one-shot adventures from any role playing game system, that would be great, but if you want to help in other ways like for social events, I'd like to hear about that too.

Feel free to write me here or with a private message, but I'm much likelier to respond quickly if you email me at [email protected].

Alp_, Jul 24, 2019 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Just to update this thread as well - I'll be participating in the September event, and running a one-shot campaign there.

I've joined the SwissRPG community on Discord - it has a lot of people, mostly from the German side of Switzerland, but I'm hoping we can quickly build an active Lausanne community too!

Hopefully see some of you there!

Just to update this thread as well - I'll be participating in the September event, and running a one-shot campaign there.

I've joined the SwissRPG community on Discord - it has a lot of people, mostly from the German side of Switzerland, but I'm hoping we can quickly build an active Lausanne community too!

Hopefully see some of you there!

Romain H, Aug 15, 2019 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hey folks. I'm happy to inform you the SwissRPG Romandie meetup group is now live. It's just open so empty for now but we will have a social event on the 27th of September and a few games coming up soon.

If you would like to run some one-shot adventures or campaigns, please let me know and we'll be happy to post your game and find you players. We also have some cool perks for our Game Masters like access to all the D&D books, lots of one shot adventures in PDF format, mentoring and more.

Join our Meetup here: https://www.meetup.com/SwissRPG-Romandie

And our Discord where we have lots of people already chatting about D&D and other tabletop role playing games: https://discord.gg/mBvVXvQ

Looking forward to see you there. Any questions, let me know.

Alp

Hey folks. I'm happy to inform you the SwissRPG Romandie meetup group is now live. It's just open so empty for now but we will have a social event on the 27th of September and a few games coming up soon.

If you would like to run some one-shot adventures or campaigns, please let me know and we'll be happy to post your game and find you players. We also have some cool perks for our Game Masters like access to all the D&D books, lots of one shot adventures in PDF format, mentoring and more.

Join our Meetup here: https://www.meetup.com/SwissRPG-Romandie

And our Discord where we have lots of people already chatting about D&D and other tabletop role playing games: https://discord.gg/mBvVXvQ

Looking forward to see you there. Any questions, let me know.

Alp

Alp_, Aug 22, 2019 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Sorry there was  typo in the last message. The social will be on the 20th of September.

Sorry there was  typo in the last message. The social will be on the 20th of September.

Alp_, Aug 23, 2019 @ 08:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hellooo,

Nice to see there is still some interest in the game.

Could you kindly advise if there is any link we can follow to join this group.

Thanks in advance

Hellooo,

Thanks in advance

Georgios T, Jul 21, 2020 @ 19:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hellooo,

Thanks in advance

Jul 21, 20 19:11

Hey Gerogios.

Check out SwissRPG.ch then look for the Discord link to join the community :)

We're still growing in Romandie and looking for Game Masters so if you're up for running a game, get in touch with an organiser like myself there.

Cheers and roll for initiative.

Alp

Hey Gerogios.

Check out SwissRPG.ch then look for the Discord link to join the community :)

We're still growing in Romandie and looking for Game Masters so if you're up for running a game, get in touch with an organiser like myself there.

Cheers and roll for initiative.

Alp

Alp_, Jul 22, 2020 @ 11:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
16 Replies | 3163 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form