Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Gym in Lausanne?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Gym in Lausanne?
Hello,

I'm looking for an affordable gym in Lausanne, I run a bit on tred mills and do mostly other cardio machines, so nothing too fancy, just some place to sweat a bit and off set all the Swiss cheese I eat :)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jailee
The text you are quoting:
Hello,

I'm looking for an affordable gym in Lausanne, I run a bit on tred mills and do mostly other cardio machines, so nothing too fancy, just some place to sweat a bit and off set all the Swiss cheese I eat :)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jailee
jaileeJun 16, 2008 @ 18:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 6022 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Gym in Lausanne?
Post 1
Hey jailee,

Holmes Place in Lausanne is pretty good, althogh not on the cheap side. If you decide to go for it, check out the glocals Exclusive Offers page, cos glocals get a 10% discount with Holmes Place.

I'm sure more glocals members will also be able to recommend other gyms.

Good luck sweating off the Swiss Cheese - I've been trying to do it since I got here, without success.

Hey jailee,

Holmes Place in Lausanne is pretty good, althogh not on the cheap side. If you decide to go for it, check out the glocals Exclusive Offers page, cos glocals get a 10% discount with Holmes Place.

I'm sure more glocals members will also be able to recommend other gyms.

Good luck sweating off the Swiss Cheese - I've been trying to do it since I got here, without success.

Nir Ofek, Jun 16, 2008 @ 22:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi there, I've been a happy member of Holmes Place in Lausanne for four years now. My monthly subscription is 135CHF, but they do have different rates (you get one rate if you work at Philip Morris, another one if you work at Edipresse, and as Nir poînted out, yet another if you're a glocals member! However, they have just completely upgraded their gym equipment, trading in some old stuff for fairly high-tech machines. Definitely worth signing on for a trial I would say! Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

:-) Liz

Hi there, I've been a happy member of Holmes Place in Lausanne for four years now. My monthly subscription is 135CHF, but they do have different rates (you get one rate if you work at Philip Morris, another one if you work at Edipresse, and as Nir poînted out, yet another if you're a glocals member! However, they have just completely upgraded their gym equipment, trading in some old stuff for fairly high-tech machines. Definitely worth signing on for a trial I would say! Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

:-) Liz
berlinoise, Jun 17, 2008 @ 00:07

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I like Equilibre, www.equilibre-fitness.com, but then it's near me.
I like Equilibre, www.equilibre-fitness.com, but then it's near me.
Rohan, Jun 26, 2008 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I go to Equilibre as well, but its really the convenience factor of walking a short distance to the gym versus driving or taking the bus.  It makes it more likely that you will go, imho.

Many people like Silhouette as well, due to the child care in the morning, the multiple gyms (in case you move or want one close to work).

I go to Equilibre as well, but its really the convenience factor of walking a short distance to the gym versus driving or taking the bus.  It makes it more likely that you will go, imho.

Many people like Silhouette as well, due to the child care in the morning, the multiple gyms (in case you move or want one close to work).
guragu, Jun 26, 2008 @ 19:20

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
If you are living in the Centre to East-Lausanne side..(lausanne-ouest) - I can definitely recommend, the gym in the Malley Centre (Fitness Parc Migros ) rates, parking,transport (7,30 + metro), advice from instructors..excellent swimming pool -CLEAN!

Open 6am - 10pm !

http://www.fitnesspark.ch/malley

look around.. most places offer a free trial - and they also have special rates during June-Aug.

:-)
If you are living in the Centre to East-Lausanne side..(lausanne-ouest) - I can definitely recommend, the gym in the Malley Centre (Fitness Parc Migros ) rates, parking,transport (7,30 + metro), advice from instructors..excellent swimming pool -CLEAN!

Open 6am - 10pm !

http://www.fitnesspark.ch/malley

look around.. most places offer a free trial - and they also have special rates during June-Aug.

:-)
notuslotes, Jun 27, 2008 @ 01:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 6022 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form