Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Help! Running out of ideas for wedding reception venue....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help! Running out of ideas for wedding reception venue....

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has some bright ideas for a unique wedding reception venue either in canton Geneva or Vaud countryside. We're looking for something other than the normal 'hotel' solution. Our first choices in the La Cote / Lavaux region have already booked up! (Sept 18 seems to be a popular day for getting married this year). I'm hoping to find something with some charm, warmth, and not too formal. Would be an extra bonus if we can find a place with a pretty view.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has some bright ideas for a unique wedding reception venue either in canton Geneva or Vaud countryside. We're looking for something other than the normal 'hotel' solution. Our first choices in the La Cote / Lavaux region have already booked up! (Sept 18 seems to be a popular day for getting married this year). I'm hoping to find something with some charm, warmth, and not too formal. Would be an extra bonus if we can find a place with a pretty view.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

Cami&ale LFeb 2, 2010 @ 17:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 3003 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help! Running out of ideas for wedding reception venue....
Post 1

I don't know of any places as such, but why don't you get hold of someone in the tourism office in the cantons, they might be able to suggest some good places.

I don't know of any places as such, but why don't you get hold of someone in the tourism office in the cantons, they might be able to suggest some good places.

Nia Powell, Feb 10, 2010 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

How about the Château d'Oron?

How about the Château d'Oron?

Blifar, Feb 11, 2010 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,Last year we went to a lovely wedding at a small chateau complete with chapel and hotel rooms,very near Murten(Morat).Unfortunately I cannot remember the name,although the Tourist info of Morat or Murten,will surely have it.The service was excellent and the place idyllic!Good luck and all the best.

Hi,Last year we went to a lovely wedding at a small chateau complete with chapel and hotel rooms,very near Murten(Morat).Unfortunately I cannot remember the name,although the Tourist info of Morat or Murten,will surely have it.The service was excellent and the place idyllic!Good luck and all the best.

Fotini Walter, Feb 13, 2010 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nia,

This one is nice (not sure about budget):

http://www.chillon.ch/en/

It is after lutry, before Vevey. 

There is another nice one outside of Rolle/Gland.. yet am unable to remember th ename!

Best of luck!

Hi Nia,

This one is nice (not sure about budget):

http://www.chillon.ch/en/

It is after lutry, before Vevey. 

There is another nice one outside of Rolle/Gland.. yet am unable to remember th ename!

Best of luck!

penguina, Feb 23, 2010 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Try the Chateau de Vullierens (lovely views) for something a bit more rural. Never been to the actual facilities but I know they host weddings there and the grounds are beautiful.

Try the Chateau de Vullierens (lovely views) for something a bit more rural. Never been to the actual facilities but I know they host weddings there and the grounds are beautiful.

maisiebrooks, May 19, 2010 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hope you've found a venue by now Smile

If you're in need of a wedding photographer have a look at my website and let me know if you're interested. We can always meet and discuss what you're looking for over a coffee if you're interested. My website is www.silversatsuma.com

Best wishes,

Charlotte

Hope you've found a venue by now Smile

If you're in need of a wedding photographer have a look at my website and let me know if you're interested. We can always meet and discuss what you're looking for over a coffee if you're interested. My website is www.silversatsuma.com

Best wishes,

Charlotte

Charlotte Berrington, Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I went to a great reception at Chateau de Châtelard above Clarens.It was beautiful - small enough to be intimate and able to accommodate the very un-swiss behaviour of British guests who...erm...like a drink. Lovely views over the lake.

Probably pricey though

I went to a great reception at Chateau de Châtelard above Clarens.It was beautiful - small enough to be intimate and able to accommodate the very un-swiss behaviour of British guests who...erm...like a drink. Lovely views over the lake.

Probably pricey though

buzzcocks, Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 3003 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form