Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Indian restaurants in Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Indian restaurants in Lausanne

Hello folks,

Where would you recommend for the best curry in Lausanne?

/Matthew

The text you are quoting:

Hello folks,

Where would you recommend for the best curry in Lausanne?

/Matthew

matthewscrivJun 1, 2011 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 4512 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Indian restaurants in Lausanne
Post 1

Go to Nandanam, nearby the station, great place with good food.

http://www.nandanam.ch/cms/presentation

Go to Nandanam, nearby the station, great place with good food.

http://www.nandanam.ch/cms/presentation

Hilde V, Jun 3, 2011 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey...

There are quite a few...

1. "Maharaja" in Chaunderon.. (Food is the best but not really a resturant...they have a very small place to sit)  http://www.maharaja-lausanne.ch/mainpage.html

2. Laxmi (They usually have good food...  http://www.laxmi.ch/index.htm )

3. Le Paradis de l'Inde, rue du Valentin 30, 1004 Lausanne (Its also good)

4. Kashmir, rue de la Paix 25, 1020 Renens VD (Bit expensive but worth to go)

5. and the best one is Chandigarh Tandoori (Its in Morges but really nice indian food)

I hope this will help you...

Saurabh

Hey...

There are quite a few...

1. "Maharaja" in Chaunderon.. (Food is the best but not really a resturant...they have a very small place to sit)  http://www.maharaja-lausanne.ch/mainpage.html

2. Laxmi (They usually have good food...  http://www.laxmi.ch/index.htm )

3. Le Paradis de l'Inde, rue du Valentin 30, 1004 Lausanne (Its also good)

4. Kashmir, rue de la Paix 25, 1020 Renens VD (Bit expensive but worth to go)

5. and the best one is Chandigarh Tandoori (Its in Morges but really nice indian food)

I hope this will help you...

Saurabh

saurabhkool, Jun 6, 2011 @ 00:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Saurabh and Hilde,

Thanks for your input - I will check these out.

Any other suggestions / comments on Indian restaurant experiences in Lausanne are welcome! :-)

/Matthew

Saurabh and Hilde,

Thanks for your input - I will check these out.

Any other suggestions / comments on Indian restaurant experiences in Lausanne are welcome! :-)

/Matthew

matthewscriv, Jun 6, 2011 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Matthew!

In my opinion, Maharaja is absolutely the best one in town! Great food, small prices, the only thing lacking there are more chairs... but the best thing is actually to enjoy your meal in "le parc Montbenon" on a sunny day!

Voilà! Have a good time and let us know how you liked it!

Réj

Hi Matthew!

In my opinion, Maharaja is absolutely the best one in town! Great food, small prices, the only thing lacking there are more chairs... but the best thing is actually to enjoy your meal in "le parc Montbenon" on a sunny day!

Voilà! Have a good time and let us know how you liked it!

Réj

Réjane P, Jun 13, 2011 @ 23:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

@Rejane: You have a nice choice..but have you been to others which I have mentioned above?

@Mathew: I guess now its your time to try one these..Ofcourse you can start with Maharaja...and then others...

Saurabh

@Rejane: You have a nice choice..but have you been to others which I have mentioned above?

@Mathew: I guess now its your time to try one these..Ofcourse you can start with Maharaja...and then others...

Saurabh

saurabhkool, Jun 13, 2011 @ 23:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello,

In the end, I actually went to the Restaurant Bangal on Avenue de Cour (opposite Hotel Bellerive)... they must have a new chef as it was much better than the last time I went there!

restaurant-bangal.ch

I would recommend it and will return. Thanks again for your suggestions.

/Matthew

Hello,

In the end, I actually went to the Restaurant Bangal on Avenue de Cour (opposite Hotel Bellerive)... they must have a new chef as it was much better than the last time I went there!

restaurant-bangal.ch

I would recommend it and will return. Thanks again for your suggestions.

/Matthew

matthewscriv, Jun 14, 2011 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Saurabh!

I actually went to laxmi twice and found it ok but the portions were really small and the food was lukewarm...

I also ate twice at the Nandanam but I didn't like it although everyone seems to enjoy it! I found it wasn't spicy enough and I don't really like the spices they use... 

Never tried the one in Morges but I'll do it! 

I also remembered (a little too late) about the one in the social life (Bel-Air). I can't remember how it's called (if it has a name) but I love eating there! The portions are HUGE and the food is just how I like it! :-) 

Have you tried it?

Hi Saurabh!

I actually went to laxmi twice and found it ok but the portions were really small and the food was lukewarm...

I also ate twice at the Nandanam but I didn't like it although everyone seems to enjoy it! I found it wasn't spicy enough and I don't really like the spices they use... 

Never tried the one in Morges but I'll do it! 

I also remembered (a little too late) about the one in the social life (Bel-Air). I can't remember how it's called (if it has a name) but I love eating there! The portions are HUGE and the food is just how I like it! :-) 

Have you tried it?

Réjane P, Jun 14, 2011 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hey Rejane,

Regarding Laxmi: I have eaten many times...Some times they are really good but I admit mostly they are just ok...I also went last week and luckily it was just amazing...

Regarding Nandanam: You are right...they cook indian food in real European style..without any spices and all...and their portions are quite small....

Regarding the one at Bel-air, its called seven star or something....I have never been there...but i heard from some friends that its comparatively good food there

Regarding Morges: You should go there once as I see you are big fan of Indian food? Am i right??? Thats really an Indian Restuarant and they have good ambience and food..

Have you been to Kashmir (In Chavannes)...?? They are also worth trying.....

There was a restuarant called Taj Mahal in Chavannes near to Swimming pool...usually they had very good food and I used to go there a lot for Lunch Buffet...but Now its took over by another Indian Restaurant ..I have heard that they are also quite good...So may be soon I will try that out....and let you know..

Till then....Keep enjoying Indian food in Lausanne...Hehe..

Good night

Hey Rejane,

Regarding Laxmi: I have eaten many times...Some times they are really good but I admit mostly they are just ok...I also went last week and luckily it was just amazing...

Regarding Nandanam: You are right...they cook indian food in real European style..without any spices and all...and their portions are quite small....

Regarding the one at Bel-air, its called seven star or something....I have never been there...but i heard from some friends that its comparatively good food there

Regarding Morges: You should go there once as I see you are big fan of Indian food? Am i right??? Thats really an Indian Restuarant and they have good ambience and food..

Have you been to Kashmir (In Chavannes)...?? They are also worth trying.....

There was a restuarant called Taj Mahal in Chavannes near to Swimming pool...usually they had very good food and I used to go there a lot for Lunch Buffet...but Now its took over by another Indian Restaurant ..I have heard that they are also quite good...So may be soon I will try that out....and let you know..

Till then....Keep enjoying Indian food in Lausanne...Hehe..

Good night

saurabhkool, Jun 15, 2011 @ 00:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Great review Saurabh! 

I guess now Matthew has enough places to go to! :D

I feel somehow reassured about Nandanam! I thought my tastes weren't subtle enough for the place (since it's actually a real indian who cooks there! :-)) 

Funny thing I also went twice (I sometimes go to places more than 2 times I swear!!) to Taj Mahal in Chavannes but didn't know the owner had changed.. They had the best Palak Paneer I've ever had but it was rather expensive. Also heard that the buffet was very good!

I'll definitely keep you posted on the one in Morges! Looking fwd to trying it!

:-)

Good night and bon appétit!

Great review Saurabh! 

I guess now Matthew has enough places to go to! :D

I feel somehow reassured about Nandanam! I thought my tastes weren't subtle enough for the place (since it's actually a real indian who cooks there! :-)) 

Funny thing I also went twice (I sometimes go to places more than 2 times I swear!!) to Taj Mahal in Chavannes but didn't know the owner had changed.. They had the best Palak Paneer I've ever had but it was rather expensive. Also heard that the buffet was very good!

I'll definitely keep you posted on the one in Morges! Looking fwd to trying it!

:-)

Good night and bon appétit!

Réjane P, Jun 15, 2011 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

@Rejane: That was really nice...So how did you like the food at Taj Mahal (Which is not Taj Mahal now....Hehe)...I want to go soon....I think I should try Palak Paneer as I think I coook the best palak paneer......Hehe!!!! Do you know if they have buffet during lunch???? 

Ya sure, I will look forward to hear your comments from Chandigarh Tandoori, Morges..

@Matthew: Any latest updates for your comments...???

Good night

@Rejane: That was really nice...So how did you like the food at Taj Mahal (Which is not Taj Mahal now....Hehe)...I want to go soon....I think I should try Palak Paneer as I think I coook the best palak paneer......Hehe!!!! Do you know if they have buffet during lunch???? 

Ya sure, I will look forward to hear your comments from Chandigarh Tandoori, Morges..

@Matthew: Any latest updates for your comments...???

Good night

saurabhkool, Jun 18, 2011 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
I know this is an old post but it comes up when you google curry in Lausanne so I just thought I'd add my recently found recommendation.

Kurry Masala in Pully (chemin des roches 1)

As Brits who went to university in Birmingham we were very much having curry withdrawals (& chilli...it seems that in the restaurants we've tried spicy means you can just taste that there might be a hint of chilli in a dish!). However, last night we found the place above. They were great. Not exactly like home but they do dishes like sagwala, jalfrezi, korma and vindaloo, full of flavour, dishes all tasted different (ie not the same sauce for each one) and you can request how spicy you would like it. My husband went for 5 out of 5 and it was actually very HOT! Yeahy! They even offered to add more chilli or give you some on the side (not sure how!) if it wasn't hot enough!

We will go again.

I know this is an old post but it comes up when you google curry in Lausanne so I just thought I'd add my recently found recommendation.

Kurry Masala in Pully (chemin des roches 1)

As Brits who went to university in Birmingham we were very much having curry withdrawals (& chilli...it seems that in the restaurants we've tried spicy means you can just taste that there might be a hint of chilli in a dish!). However, last night we found the place above. They were great. Not exactly like home but they do dishes like sagwala, jalfrezi, korma and vindaloo, full of flavour, dishes all tasted different (ie not the same sauce for each one) and you can request how spicy you would like it. My husband went for 5 out of 5 and it was actually very HOT! Yeahy! They even offered to add more chilli or give you some on the side (not sure how!) if it wasn't hot enough!

We will go again.

Claire C, Oct 5, 2013 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Thanks for sharing Claire.

I was due to go there two weeks ago but it was postponed... hopefully to be re-arranged within the month. I'm glad to hear that you endorse it!

/Matthew

Thanks for sharing Claire.

I was due to go there two weeks ago but it was postponed... hopefully to be re-arranged within the month. I'm glad to hear that you endorse it!

/Matthew

matthewscriv, Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 4512 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form