Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Lausanne Apartment SOS

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Lausanne Apartment SOS

Hello,

My husband and I are looking for a one bedroom apartment in Lausanne (with separate bedroom, living room/kitchen, and bathroom). Our budget is approx CHF2000. 

Do you know of any good companies that do monthly or weekly lets?

Which are the nicest areas of Lausanne to live in?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

My husband and I are looking for a one bedroom apartment in Lausanne (with separate bedroom, living room/kitchen, and bathroom). Our budget is approx CHF2000. 

Do you know of any good companies that do monthly or weekly lets?

Which are the nicest areas of Lausanne to live in?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

AG WMay 4, 2010 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 2989 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Lausanne Apartment SOS
Post 1

Maybe you can try www.homegate.com

Maybe you can try www.homegate.com

Junjun C, May 20, 2010 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

AG W, May 20, 2010 @ 20:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Try www.oklogements.ch - they are expensive but they do short term rentals.

If you go to the main train station, there is a tourist office and they have a list of people/agencies who are willing to do short term rentals.

Also try - http://www.edicom.ch/category/immobilier/immobilier  - Here you can find people who sublet there apartments for short periods. Might work for you.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

H

Try www.oklogements.ch - they are expensive but they do short term rentals.

If you go to the main train station, there is a tourist office and they have a list of people/agencies who are willing to do short term rentals.

Also try - http://www.edicom.ch/category/immobilier/immobilier  - Here you can find people who sublet there apartments for short periods. Might work for you.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

H

hoze, May 20, 2010 @ 21:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

My company are putting me up in OK Logements while I search for an apartment. Even with a reocation agent it's quite difficult to find somewhere permanent in Lausanne. In fact, I was turned down for the third place I applied for today (sob!). I agree with Hoze - OK Logements is quite expensive for what it is, but the accommodation is reasonable. Good luck!

My company are putting me up in OK Logements while I search for an apartment. Even with a reocation agent it's quite difficult to find somewhere permanent in Lausanne. In fact, I was turned down for the third place I applied for today (sob!). I agree with Hoze - OK Logements is quite expensive for what it is, but the accommodation is reasonable. Good luck!

Linda g, May 21, 2010 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I'm in OK Logements too and they are a bit expensive but its been fine so far with them being clean and well looked after so nothing I can complain about really.

I have not even started looking for an apartment yet (I only got my B visa approved today so was pretty much pointless applying for apartments without one according to my relocation company :(

Best of luck in your search!

I'm in OK Logements too and they are a bit expensive but its been fine so far with them being clean and well looked after so nothing I can complain about really.

I have not even started looking for an apartment yet (I only got my B visa approved today so was pretty much pointless applying for apartments without one according to my relocation company :(

Best of luck in your search!

Danny B, May 21, 2010 @ 19:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi there,

Thanks so much for all the advice. We've now found somewhere.

All the best.

Hi there,

All the best.

AG W, May 21, 2010 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi there,

All the best.

May 21, 10 19:06

Hi,

Could you please share how did you manage to find a place ?

Maybe useful to other people in the same situation.

Cheers,

H

Hi,

Could you please share how did you manage to find a place ?

Maybe useful to other people in the same situation.

Cheers,

H

hoze, May 21, 2010 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Sure, we looked on the internet and found a company called Vision AG. They are really pricey too but we needed somewhere to stay and I have a feeling most places in Lausanne are expensive!

Sure, we looked on the internet and found a company called Vision AG. They are really pricey too but we needed somewhere to stay and I have a feeling most places in Lausanne are expensive!

AG W, May 21, 2010 @ 20:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Of course... for me..it took  last year around 3 month to find an appartement and I found 70qm + garage..everything new..not direct in Lausanne but 10 min away and no traffic to drive to the center (more or less )

But sure, if you in a hurry... it´s not so easy..

Of course... for me..it took  last year around 3 month to find an appartement and I found 70qm + garage..everything new..not direct in Lausanne but 10 min away and no traffic to drive to the center (more or less )

But sure, if you in a hurry... it´s not so easy..

Andreas L, May 24, 2010 @ 11:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I just wanted to update this post to say that I would not recommend staying at Vision apartments in Grancy, Lausanne. The only good thing about them seems to be the location (and I liked the look of the rooms online because they looked nicely furnished and were painted white). Here are just some of the problems: the building is really near to the train line so the train noise is extremely loud; the rooms themselves are very small; there is no air-con so the room gets very hot; the rooms are meant to be cleaned weekly but the floor is always dirty; the beds and bedding are cheap and uncomfortable; the lift is often broken and when it does work it's very loud and can be heard in the apartment; curtains were not supplied for weeks; there are horrible cow-hide rugs in the rooms; there is no oven; no kettle, and the kitchen area is generally under-equipped... I could go on and on but I don't want to moan too much - I just want to make sure that people know about our bad experience so they won't have to go through it themselves.

I just wanted to update this post to say that I would not recommend staying at Vision apartments in Grancy, Lausanne. The only good thing about them seems to be the location (and I liked the look of the rooms online because they looked nicely furnished and were painted white). Here are just some of the problems: the building is really near to the train line so the train noise is extremely loud; the rooms themselves are very small; there is no air-con so the room gets very hot; the rooms are meant to be cleaned weekly but the floor is always dirty; the beds and bedding are cheap and uncomfortable; the lift is often broken and when it does work it's very loud and can be heard in the apartment; curtains were not supplied for weeks; there are horrible cow-hide rugs in the rooms; there is no oven; no kettle, and the kitchen area is generally under-equipped... I could go on and on but I don't want to moan too much - I just want to make sure that people know about our bad experience so they won't have to go through it themselves.

AG W, Jul 12, 2010 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 2989 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form