Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Learning snowboarding from Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Learning snowboarding from Lausanne

Hi all!

I have just re-arrived in Lausanne (I was here for a 7 month internship last year) and want to learn snowboarding. I've been to France for a week a few years ago and had some lessons, but most is gone I fear... So I want to start fresh with some lessons and a lot of practice.

Only, my boyfriend isn't really a big snowfan, so I'm looking for someone who is also just learning and would like some company :).

And any tips on where to go for the lessons and the practice are very welcome as well!

Cheers!

Laura

The text you are quoting:

Hi all!

I have just re-arrived in Lausanne (I was here for a 7 month internship last year) and want to learn snowboarding. I've been to France for a week a few years ago and had some lessons, but most is gone I fear... So I want to start fresh with some lessons and a lot of practice.

Only, my boyfriend isn't really a big snowfan, so I'm looking for someone who is also just learning and would like some company :).

And any tips on where to go for the lessons and the practice are very welcome as well!

Cheers!

Laura

Laura LJan 20, 2010 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1897 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Learning snowboarding from Lausanne
Post 1

hi,

I m a beginner too. I go to verbier. it is a famous place and u can get lessons.

2 hours from lausanne.  there is total 430 km path :)

but if u are beginner monreux is better I think. u can take a up-trin in monterux(15 minutes to lausanne) and go to a path for beginners. its color is blue or red. Actullay I havent gone yet but I wıll go as sson as possıble. maybe we can go together because I dont want to go myself either:)

also u can try Nyon as well.  and at Nyon tehre exıst nıght skıng too.

cheers

osman

hi,

I m a beginner too. I go to verbier. it is a famous place and u can get lessons.

2 hours from lausanne.  there is total 430 km path :)

but if u are beginner monreux is better I think. u can take a up-trin in monterux(15 minutes to lausanne) and go to a path for beginners. its color is blue or red. Actullay I havent gone yet but I wıll go as sson as possıble. maybe we can go together because I dont want to go myself either:)

also u can try Nyon as well.  and at Nyon tehre exıst nıght skıng too.

cheers

osman

OSMAN SENCER, Jan 21, 2010 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Try les mosses or leysin, its easy to get to from lausanne and im a beginner and not to keen on really steep runs and I find the run in les mosses is good for me to build confidence. If you can drive there is les paccots which is brilliant, although can get very busy, its about 20min drive from lausanne. 

Im up for some practice as my boyfriend is a big snowfan and need to improve! 

Try les mosses or leysin, its easy to get to from lausanne and im a beginner and not to keen on really steep runs and I find the run in les mosses is good for me to build confidence. If you can drive there is les paccots which is brilliant, although can get very busy, its about 20min drive from lausanne. 

Im up for some practice as my boyfriend is a big snowfan and need to improve! 

Nia Powell, Feb 10, 2010 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey Laura,

Lets try snowboarding this weekend together. I snowboarded few times as well, but I'm still a beginner.

I believe Les mosses is a good idea.

Let me know if you're available this Sat or Sun.

Cheers,

Hey Laura,

Lets try snowboarding this weekend together. I snowboarded few times as well, but I'm still a beginner.

I believe Les mosses is a good idea.

Let me know if you're available this Sat or Sun.

Cheers,

marra_13, Feb 11, 2010 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1897 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form