Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Looking to Move to Switzerland French-speaking region

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking to Move to Switzerland French-speaking region

Hello all,

I'm not exactly new to this forum, but this is my first time posting. I'm in a bit of a situation here where I have been flying back and forth from Ireland to Switzerland to my now Fiancé and we wish to move in together. The issue we're having is that he lost his job back in October and has been on Social help, and has been unfortunate enough to not find any work. 

I on the other-hand have many years experience in the field of Customer Services and also worked as a Care assistant in Ireland for a number of years, however, as I cannot speak fluently in French I cannot get work, and they will not give me a permit to find work as my partner cannot afford to keep me on his low income. I've been applying for jobs for nearly 2years and as I do not have a permit nor the langauge skills they will not see me as a fit candiate for the positions I am applying for. 

I just need some information or an insight of what to do, I want to be with my partner so bad and I'm at a complete lost as to what direction I can go, and if it's even possible for me to register under my partners address whilst he's on the social. i.e ( If the social will allow me to live with him and find work or how does that evern work)

Could you please give me some advice to what I can do - I do have a French level of B1 and I understand a lot, I just don't have full conversational skills yet. I've applied to start a course in Dublin ( Which is where I currently reside) but it doesn't start until September.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Also if this is in the wrong section of the forum please let me know so I can repost if needed.

Looking forward to your responses,

Kind Regards,

Mandy.

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

I'm not exactly new to this forum, but this is my first time posting. I'm in a bit of a situation here where I have been flying back and forth from Ireland to Switzerland to my now Fiancé and we wish to move in together. The issue we're having is that he lost his job back in October and has been on Social help, and has been unfortunate enough to not find any work. 

I on the other-hand have many years experience in the field of Customer Services and also worked as a Care assistant in Ireland for a number of years, however, as I cannot speak fluently in French I cannot get work, and they will not give me a permit to find work as my partner cannot afford to keep me on his low income. I've been applying for jobs for nearly 2years and as I do not have a permit nor the langauge skills they will not see me as a fit candiate for the positions I am applying for. 

I just need some information or an insight of what to do, I want to be with my partner so bad and I'm at a complete lost as to what direction I can go, and if it's even possible for me to register under my partners address whilst he's on the social. i.e ( If the social will allow me to live with him and find work or how does that evern work)

Could you please give me some advice to what I can do - I do have a French level of B1 and I understand a lot, I just don't have full conversational skills yet. I've applied to start a course in Dublin ( Which is where I currently reside) but it doesn't start until September.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Also if this is in the wrong section of the forum please let me know so I can repost if needed.

Looking forward to your responses,

Kind Regards,

Mandy.

Amanda KJun 18, 2018 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1139 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking to Move to Switzerland French-speaking region
Post 1

Hi Mandy,

EU/EFTA nationals may enter Switzerland to look for work. They may stay in the country for up to three months without a permit. If the job search takes longer than three months, EU/EFTA nationals may apply for a temporary residence permit valid for three months within any calendar year (total stay = six months), provided they have the financial means to pay their living expenses.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/fr/dfae/entree-sejour-suisse/sejour-suisse.html

Hi Mandy,

EU/EFTA nationals may enter Switzerland to look for work. They may stay in the country for up to three months without a permit. If the job search takes longer than three months, EU/EFTA nationals may apply for a temporary residence permit valid for three months within any calendar year (total stay = six months), provided they have the financial means to pay their living expenses.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/fr/dfae/entree-sejour-suisse/sejour-suisse.html

Karin E, Jun 19, 2018 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking to Move to Switzerland French-speaking region
Post 2

Dear Mandy,

I would be happy to teach you french via zoom. As a Swiss career coach, i also help exapts find jobs in Switzerland.

Feel free to check out my website:www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch and contact me for more info.

Best of luck!

Dear Mandy,

I would be happy to teach you french via zoom. As a Swiss career coach, i also help exapts find jobs in Switzerland.

Feel free to check out my website:www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch and contact me for more info.

Best of luck!

Rachelle P, Jun 19, 2018 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1139 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form