Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Moving from Geneva to Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving from Geneva to Lausanne

hi all,

I got a job offer in Lausanne so I think the most convenient thing to do is to move there.

I am very much in love with Geneva though, lived here for a while and I am a bit afraid that I will be missing it. Also, starting everything from scratch again, no friends there etc.

So it would be very helpful if anyone of you who knows both towns could give some advice, and let me know the main differences between the two. I need to understand where to look for a flat too, I would like to be in a lively and quite central area.

Any tips is more than welcome!

thanks

The text you are quoting:

hi all,

I got a job offer in Lausanne so I think the most convenient thing to do is to move there.

I am very much in love with Geneva though, lived here for a while and I am a bit afraid that I will be missing it. Also, starting everything from scratch again, no friends there etc.

So it would be very helpful if anyone of you who knows both towns could give some advice, and let me know the main differences between the two. I need to understand where to look for a flat too, I would like to be in a lively and quite central area.

Any tips is more than welcome!

thanks

FedericaMar 26, 2010 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1424 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Moving from Geneva to Lausanne
Post 1

Hi there-

I moved from Geneva to Lausanne due to my husband's job.  I lived in Geneva for about a year and 1/2 and have been living in Lausanne for about the same time now.  Lausanne is very, very small.  It has the same basics that Geneva has (coop migro, globus, manor, etc, etc) but just smaller.  I had a bit of a hard time cooping with Lausanne.  It's far enough from Geneva that you have to start all over again.  It was hard but not impossible.  i have made some good friends in Lausanne but still go back to Geneva often to visit my 'old' friends.

Lausanne is more 'Swiss' - not nearly as international as Geneva.  There are less English speaking things to do - which could be a good thing if you speak French or are trying to learn!  On a plus side I think that this side of the lake is more pretty that Geneva.  The view of the mountains is amazing.  

Hope that helps a bit!

Christine

The text you are quoting:

Hi there-

I moved from Geneva to Lausanne due to my husband's job.  I lived in Geneva for about a year and 1/2 and have been living in Lausanne for about the same time now.  Lausanne is very, very small.  It has the same basics that Geneva has (coop migro, globus, manor, etc, etc) but just smaller.  I had a bit of a hard time cooping with Lausanne.  It's far enough from Geneva that you have to start all over again.  It was hard but not impossible.  i have made some good friends in Lausanne but still go back to Geneva often to visit my 'old' friends.

Lausanne is more 'Swiss' - not nearly as international as Geneva.  There are less English speaking things to do - which could be a good thing if you speak French or are trying to learn!  On a plus side I think that this side of the lake is more pretty that Geneva.  The view of the mountains is amazing.  

Hope that helps a bit!

Christine

maja, Mar 30, 2010 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1424 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form