Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Moving to Lausanne or Valais

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Lausanne or Valais

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Zurich but just got a job offer in Monthey - Valais. The job is great so I want to take it but I am sceptical about living in Valais.

I was thinking of living in Lausanne and commute by car everyday. Has anybody any experience doing this? Is is feasible (traffic jams...)?  I though it would take 30 to 40 min one way. Is that realistic?

Appart from that, could anybody advise on living in Valais (area of Monthey, Saint Maurice, Martigny)?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :-)

Cheers!

Lesly

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Zurich but just got a job offer in Monthey - Valais. The job is great so I want to take it but I am sceptical about living in Valais.

I was thinking of living in Lausanne and commute by car everyday. Has anybody any experience doing this? Is is feasible (traffic jams...)?  I though it would take 30 to 40 min one way. Is that realistic?

Appart from that, could anybody advise on living in Valais (area of Monthey, Saint Maurice, Martigny)?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :-)

Cheers!

Lesly

LeslyFeb 5, 2010 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1681 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Lausanne or Valais
Post 1

I asked a swiss and if you have no traffic it is 40 min. He suggests to live in Montreux and to commute from there. Monthey is apparently super industrial. Probably not so healthy to live there. But that's my opinion, i m a bit paranoid with these things :D

I asked a swiss and if you have no traffic it is 40 min. He suggests to live in Montreux and to commute from there. Monthey is apparently super industrial. Probably not so healthy to live there. But that's my opinion, i m a bit paranoid with these things :D

zesar p, Feb 5, 2010 @ 21:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Moving to Lausanne or Valais
Post 2

use googlemaps for your itineries ;-)

you could consider living around the village of Villeneuve which is nicely situated on the lakeside.

By car you are 15 min away from Monthey and it is close to Montreux as well.

use googlemaps for your itineries ;-)

you could consider living around the village of Villeneuve which is nicely situated on the lakeside.

By car you are 15 min away from Monthey and it is close to Montreux as well.

jasper, Feb 6, 2010 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1681 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form