Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Need Help Moving! (Ikea to Lausanne)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need Help Moving! (Ikea to Lausanne)

Hello,

I need help with delivering furniture from ikea to my new flat in Lausanne.

They provide vans at an hourly rate but I need 1-2 people to help me load and unload the van. If you are willing to help, I am happy to pay you for your time! 

Please let me know if you are able to help, I would be wanting to go to ikea either this week or next.

thanks!

Shelley

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I need help with delivering furniture from ikea to my new flat in Lausanne.

They provide vans at an hourly rate but I need 1-2 people to help me load and unload the van. If you are willing to help, I am happy to pay you for your time! 

Please let me know if you are able to help, I would be wanting to go to ikea either this week or next.

thanks!

Shelley

Shelley KNov 2, 2010 @ 07:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 3147 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need Help Moving! (Ikea to Lausanne)
Post 1

you can order what you want directly on line and ikea will deliver. they deliver right to your apt. the cost is minimal and they take away the boxes!

it is well worth it, and sometimes, delivery is free if what you order from ikea in aubonne is not available from aubonne. so:

look online, then go to aubonne, and order. if it's not available from the shop, they may deliver for free!!

you can order what you want directly on line and ikea will deliver. they deliver right to your apt. the cost is minimal and they take away the boxes!

it is well worth it, and sometimes, delivery is free if what you order from ikea in aubonne is not available from aubonne. so:

look online, then go to aubonne, and order. if it's not available from the shop, they may deliver for free!!

epicure, Nov 2, 2010 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Many thanks! I had contacted Ikea and they said the delivery time would be minimum 3 weeks... :(

I would really like to have my furniture by next week the latest....

Many thanks! I had contacted Ikea and they said the delivery time would be minimum 3 weeks... :(

I would really like to have my furniture by next week the latest....

Shelley K, Nov 2, 2010 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

hi Shelley,

I had the same problem and I hired Keep Moving: they will pick up all your stuff after you pay at Ikea and deliver it to you immediately. They can also build it if you need. Prices are very fair for Geneva. Their details are in the Guides section. 

hi Shelley,

I had the same problem and I hired Keep Moving: they will pick up all your stuff after you pay at Ikea and deliver it to you immediately. They can also build it if you need. Prices are very fair for Geneva. Their details are in the Guides section. 

Federica, Nov 2, 2010 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Shelley, does one need to be a Mobility.ch member to rent those vans?

Shelley, does one need to be a Mobility.ch member to rent those vans?

richardm, Nov 2, 2010 @ 13:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Make sure the van comes with some kind of Insurance... a friend of mine got In big trouble(accident) just because she forgot to ask for one.

Make sure the van comes with some kind of Insurance... a friend of mine got In big trouble(accident) just because she forgot to ask for one.

James T, Nov 2, 2010 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Man with Van - Ueli Weder - [email protected]

Tel: 078 621 3234

He picked me up from IKEA  - loaded all my furniture into van (double bed & mattress, 2 sofas, table & chairs and at least 5 yellow bags full of crap not on the list :-), drove me back to Lausanne and helped me unload it all (up 2 flights of stairs, bless) for 150CHF.

I looked at all other options (van hire/IKEA delivery (nothing free BTW), Mobility) and he was the best deal.

Let him know in advance what you will be buying so that he can bring the appropriate size van (and a mate if necessary) and he can meet you at IKEA at a time that suits you (if you're coming from Geneva, he'll probably take you there as well).

Really nice guy - Swiss German, speaks perfect English.

Good Luck!

PS: Whilst you're in IKEA, buy their tool kit starter pack - 8CHF - hammer, screwdrivers, alan keys etc - a godsend!

Man with Van - Ueli Weder - [email protected]

Tel: 078 621 3234

He picked me up from IKEA  - loaded all my furniture into van (double bed & mattress, 2 sofas, table & chairs and at least 5 yellow bags full of crap not on the list :-), drove me back to Lausanne and helped me unload it all (up 2 flights of stairs, bless) for 150CHF.

I looked at all other options (van hire/IKEA delivery (nothing free BTW), Mobility) and he was the best deal.

Let him know in advance what you will be buying so that he can bring the appropriate size van (and a mate if necessary) and he can meet you at IKEA at a time that suits you (if you're coming from Geneva, he'll probably take you there as well).

Really nice guy - Swiss German, speaks perfect English.

Good Luck!

PS: Whilst you're in IKEA, buy their tool kit starter pack - 8CHF - hammer, screwdrivers, alan keys etc - a godsend!

Carolyn C, Nov 2, 2010 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Carolyn, he's the same guy I was suggesting above! (Keep Moving is the name of the company)

Carolyn, he's the same guy I was suggesting above! (Keep Moving is the name of the company)

Federica, Nov 2, 2010 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks so much Everyone! xx

Thanks so much Everyone! xx

Shelley K, Nov 2, 2010 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Shelley

Just call me if you still need someone !

(sorry I didn't see your message before)

Hi Shelley

Just call me if you still need someone !

(sorry I didn't see your message before)

Gaëlle H, Nov 6, 2010 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 3147 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form