Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Non-EU livivng in Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Non-EU livivng in Lausanne
I have heard that non-EUs living in switzerland have to have special permission to live in one canton and work in another - Is this true?
The text you are quoting:
I have heard that non-EUs living in switzerland have to have special permission to live in one canton and work in another - Is this true?
schitchmDec 10, 2007 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 2053 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Non-EU livivng in Lausanne
Post 1
...no idea... but welcome to the LoL community! ...There are lots of things going on (in and around here) so whatever grabs your fancy, get involved! :-) J.
...no idea... but welcome to the LoL community! ...There are lots of things going on (in and around here) so whatever grabs your fancy, get involved! :-) J.
JulianT, Dec 10, 2007 @ 01:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I am an American and was initially told this by my relocation agent; however, my wife is Polish, and I do have permanent EU-German residency through her.

I was told that as an American I had to live and work in the same Canton.

Good luck getting this sorted out. A trip to the Office de la Population in either VD or GE would probably get this straightened out. If you go in GE, go early as the line queues pretty quick here. You get a number from the receptionist downstairs, and then have to go upstairs to wait.

I am an American and was initially told this by my relocation agent; however, my wife is Polish, and I do have permanent EU-German residency through her.

I was told that as an American I had to live and work in the same Canton.

Good luck getting this sorted out. A trip to the Office de la Population in either VD or GE would probably get this straightened out. If you go in GE, go early as the line queues pretty quick here. You get a number from the receptionist downstairs, and then have to go upstairs to wait.

Ziutek, Dec 26, 2007 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I am American and the first year I was here 2004\2005 I lived in Nyon and my company was in Argau (I worked mostly from home). Vaud accepted the acceptance of my contract from Argau and gave me a permit B from here. There are more things that complicated my situation but the best thing to do is ask.
I am American and the first year I was here 2004\2005 I lived in Nyon and my company was in Argau (I worked mostly from home). Vaud accepted the acceptance of my contract from Argau and gave me a permit B from here. There are more things that complicated my situation but the best thing to do is ask.
Maplady, Dec 28, 2007 @ 20:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 2053 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form