Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > People that know Lausanne I need your help!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
People that know Lausanne I need your help!
I am organizing a conference for work early July in Lausanne. about 20-30 people, all arriving in lausanne on a monday evening. WE will spend the night in a luxury hotel and then have the conference there the morning after. The theme is luxury (but of course within a budget!!) ... now ... I need to find some sort of way to feed and possibily entertain these people (not myself!!) on monday night in lausanne. Nice location (possibily in theme) .. something where we can talk do some team bodnign while relaxing with apero and dinner .. and have also a WOW!!! effect (read ... i usually don't like posh places but in this case posh would do).

I would know places in Geneva. In Lausanne I am lost, the only places i know are luxury hotels where dinner is the same am my whole conference budget per person.
Can anyone suggest places??? Here or on my GOL email ...
Please please, the one that will help me getting the place will get a special mention, and a free drinks that night in lausanne from me :)
The text you are quoting:
I am organizing a conference for work early July in Lausanne. about 20-30 people, all arriving in lausanne on a monday evening. WE will spend the night in a luxury hotel and then have the conference there the morning after. The theme is luxury (but of course within a budget!!) ... now ... I need to find some sort of way to feed and possibily entertain these people (not myself!!) on monday night in lausanne. Nice location (possibily in theme) .. something where we can talk do some team bodnign while relaxing with apero and dinner .. and have also a WOW!!! effect (read ... i usually don't like posh places but in this case posh would do).

I would know places in Geneva. In Lausanne I am lost, the only places i know are luxury hotels where dinner is the same am my whole conference budget per person.
Can anyone suggest places??? Here or on my GOL email ...
Please please, the one that will help me getting the place will get a special mention, and a free drinks that night in lausanne from me :)
HoilingJun 1, 2007 @ 13:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 2521 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: People that know Lausanne I need your help!
Post 1
...are the top places in town. Restaurant Le Castel a Bois-Genoud ([email protected]) is a far less well known place but with terrific food. Tasty, orgininal and healthy meals cooked with local growns bio products in a old catle. Hope it helps.
...are the top places in town. Restaurant Le Castel a Bois-Genoud ([email protected]) is a far less well known place but with terrific food. Tasty, orgininal and healthy meals cooked with local growns bio products in a old catle. Hope it helps.
Hobbes, Jun 1, 2007 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
so those options are out (can't do dinner and conf in the same place, fancy event requires 1 hotel to sleep, 1 for the conf and something else for dinner .. but .. will look into the 3rd one!

Thank you! - Anyone else .. keep the advices coming!
so those options are out (can't do dinner and conf in the same place, fancy event requires 1 hotel to sleep, 1 for the conf and something else for dinner .. but .. will look into the 3rd one!

Thank you! - Anyone else .. keep the advices coming!
Hoiling, Jun 1, 2007 @ 13:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Drop me a line in my box, and I'll see if I can help out anyway... :-) J.
Drop me a line in my box, and I'll see if I can help out anyway... :-) J.
JulianT, Jun 1, 2007 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Check it out. http://www.charliesplace.ch/
Good food and atmosphere. You can book the restorant on the second floor where you could make use of the lounge opposite of the restorant for the welcoming apero.

Check it out. http://www.charliesplace.ch/
Good food and atmosphere. You can book the restorant on the second floor where you could make use of the lounge opposite of the restorant for the welcoming apero.

di2006, Jun 1, 2007 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Consider the Olympic Museum. It is very close to Beau Rivage, has a good museum, lots of space, a big terrace to mingle, gardens to wow folks with, and they have a resto on the top floor where they do special events (with apero etc). A friend of mine from Lucerne is considering it - she is also organizing an luxury event. Last time I talked with her, she was also considering other museums/theatres in Lausanne area and getting food delivery companies to take care of the rest.

Another option is Lausanne Palace. Your folks can walk there or take bus #2 or taxi. Good large bar and restaurant, good food (everytime I had), great apero and wine collection, good views of Lac Leman.

If you are willing to travel a bit, the restaurants and vineyards between Pully and Vevey may offer some options.
Consider the Olympic Museum. It is very close to Beau Rivage, has a good museum, lots of space, a big terrace to mingle, gardens to wow folks with, and they have a resto on the top floor where they do special events (with apero etc). A friend of mine from Lucerne is considering it - she is also organizing an luxury event. Last time I talked with her, she was also considering other museums/theatres in Lausanne area and getting food delivery companies to take care of the rest.

Another option is Lausanne Palace. Your folks can walk there or take bus #2 or taxi. Good large bar and restaurant, good food (everytime I had), great apero and wine collection, good views of Lac Leman.

If you are willing to travel a bit, the restaurants and vineyards between Pully and Vevey may offer some options.
colorado, Jun 1, 2007 @ 19:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
and the comments above, Palace and Rivage wouldn't work.

Hotel Savoy in Ouchy is an option, if Musee Olympique doesn't work. Savoy is close to Beau Rivage. They do special events in their large bar/resto/reception area.
and the comments above, Palace and Rivage wouldn't work.

Hotel Savoy in Ouchy is an option, if Musee Olympique doesn't work. Savoy is close to Beau Rivage. They do special events in their large bar/resto/reception area.
colorado, Jun 1, 2007 @ 20:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
I would suggest the Olympic Museum, visit & meal. You can hire the restaurant for your group. If the weather is good, you can eat on this stunning terrace. The meal and visit are to be negotiated with the event manager at the OM, but I know by experience that the price is reasonable. You would not get anything wow-isch for less than 70-80 francs per meal (without drinks and visit), so if you want to impress, you might need to push the budget a bit.
This seems to answer all your criteria.
I hope you will find the right place!
Elisabeth
I would suggest the Olympic Museum, visit & meal. You can hire the restaurant for your group. If the weather is good, you can eat on this stunning terrace. The meal and visit are to be negotiated with the event manager at the OM, but I know by experience that the price is reasonable. You would not get anything wow-isch for less than 70-80 francs per meal (without drinks and visit), so if you want to impress, you might need to push the budget a bit.
This seems to answer all your criteria.
I hope you will find the right place!
Elisabeth
Elisabeth L, Jun 2, 2007 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 2521 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form